“Clean and Comfortable Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Wilson

Candlewood Suites Wilson
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
Outer Banks, North Carolina
“Clean and Comfortable Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

I absolutely love this hotel. I stayed at this property several times over the last couple of weeks for business. The kitchen was well stocked. It was clean and the bed offered a very comfortable night's sleep. There was no problem with noise and the hotel staff are extremely helpful and courteous. Oh and by the way....the use of the free laundry room is another perk. Give them a chance. You will definitely want to return over and over.

Room Tip: Unless you are traveling with pets I would not want to stay on the floor that has pet friendly rooms...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Willette B
CWSWilsonNC, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Wilson, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Willette B,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review about your recent stay here at the Candlewood Suites in Wilson. I'm glad that enjoyed your stay and that you absolutely love our hotel. We're glad you enjoyed all of the amenities as well as the free use of our laundry facility. I'm also glad that my stay was extremely hospitable, courteous with helping you with any and everything you needed. Our home is your home we look forward to seeing you again soon.

K. Roberson- Front Desk Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Hubby and I booked this for a romantic night and we loved it! We had a queen suite and it suited our needs fine. The woman at the front desk was very nice upon check-in. We even signed up for the rewards program. It's also near great restaurants. We will be using them again.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Crystal I
CWSWilsonNC, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Wilson, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Crystal we are glad you and your husband enjoyed a romantic getaway at the Candlewood Suites in Wilson. And we are most grateful that you signed up for our Loyalty Program. We do thank you for your loyalty as well as taking the time out to write a great review about your recent stay and we do hope to see you and your husband again soon Crystal our home is your home where we make your stay here at the Candlewood Suites in Wilson as pleasant as possible.

K. Roberson- Front Desk Supervisor
Brunswick, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Hampton was sold out so I booked a room with Candlewood Suites. Great price but SMALL room, damp bed clothes, tub drained very slowly.........They put us on the second floor close to some fool with a dog that yipped a lot.
The only thing good was the staff......Very nice folks.

Room Tip: Get a room somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Burntisland1
CWSWilsonNC, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Wilson, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review. I do apologized for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. I sincerely do apologized for any annoyance that this may have caused you we are still and consistently working to improve our staff. We hope you give us another chance and come stay here with us at the Candlewood Suites in Wilson. Again i do apologize and sorry t hat you had to deal with such issues during your stay. I do invite u to come back and give us another chance.

Front Desk Supervisor-K. Roberson
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel several nights a week for 11 weeks while working in Wilson on a contract that included lodging. Nearly every week there was some issue with the room. I quit reporting them to the staff, as each week it was something. Drains not working in sink or tub or bathroom sink. Dirty dishes. Worn out chairs. Permanent stains on headboards. Just something every week. With the exception of 2 people, the staff was less than hospitable, as in Hospitality, maybe they do not understand the root of the word. Would HIGHLY recommend spending a few dollars more. If I return to Wilson on another contract better lodging will be required.

Room Tip: I do not know that are are any good rooms in this hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alan R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Wilson, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Alan R,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding our hotel. It is truly regrettable to hear that you did not fully enjoy your recent stay. We take comments such as these into serious account as we would like to follow up on your experience. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hear back from you soon.

Faith R
Cacapava, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

These suites are really good for people travelling by business purposes. It has a kitchen with some hardware to prepare your own food when you are tired and do not want to go out for dinner. Wi fi is also very good and you can surf at websites normally. The housekeeping is not every day so ask to front desk the scheduled day for your suite.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the rooms in front of rail line
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Greensboro, NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I checked in for a stay that was to last 26 nights. There was NO warning about what they would do, and other places I have stayed only charged up front or put a hold on my card for the first 7 nights. This place put a hold for the entire stay, rendering my card useless. Even though I should have had $2,000 of available credit it showed zero. OK, mistake I thought, so I tried to discuss with the manager. That person was unavailable for a full 24 hours (in "meetings") and nobody else could help me. When I finally got to talk to her she said she was not going to fix my issue. I stated that meant I would have to check out and leave in the morning in order to fix my problem and all she would say is that it would indeed fix my problem if I did that. She was EXTREMELY uncaring, unfriendly and VERY unprofessional. I told her that it would also result in my cancellation of the next stay from July to September (65 nights) and she also said she didn't care.

I have stayed literally thousands of nights in hotels over the past 15 years and I can honestly say that this was the WORST treatment I have ever received by a hotel manager. It is incredible that any hotel owner would hire someone who could treat the customers like this and turn away over $7,000 in business just to prove her superiority over a guest.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
4 Thank emhprogram
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Wilson, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear emhprogram,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain additional information about your stay. We hope to hear from you soon and be of further assistance.

Tracy V.
Wonder Lake, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I was just here for a business trip. The price of the room was outstanding and I do appreciate the kitchen option so that I can keep expenses down when on the road. The hotel is clean overall and feels like it is going through some updates. I suspect the appearance will only get better going forward.

The bed was comfortable. The rooms get plenty dark. Those are two must haves for me. They interior noise was minimal. The hotel is easy to access with two traffic lights that allow for easy left turns out of the location.

The night time office girl was great! When the Wi-Fi for the hotel went down she was on the phone with the company getting the problem fixed. She was not taking no for an answer. I know she wanted the internet for own use as well, but she went beyond the scale of most hotel staff.

There are some negatives to this location. One will never go away the others should be easy fixes. The train runs just behind the hotel and they use the horn. Happily no midnight trains to Georgia! Another issue is that the eating utensils were rough, a few looked like the garbage disposal tried to eat them. The other problem was the staff. Some staff like the night clerk were great others were apathetic and almost antagonistic. You really do want to feel appreciated when you are staying somewhere.

I would stay here again but I would also look at other options in the area as well.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the even numbered rooms, or the rooms on the front side of the hotel to reduce some o...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Wilson, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Jasski,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I am delighted to know that you found the room you were given to be adequate for your stay location worked for your needs.

Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconvenience the condition of the kitchen amenities may have caused you. We will look into these and most certainly forwarded to appropriate departments.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to host you should your travels bring you back to the area.

Best Regards,