“this is the worst HIE I have ever stayed in”

Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
Reviewed 1 May 2012

this place is nasty dirty ..The funiture is all torn.. there was feces on the toitet.. the garbage can was full the floor was dirty awful place . I called to complain and the phone at the front desk was off the hook ..The gentleman at the desk was very edlerly and so slow at the computer he had about 6 people trying to check in and everyone was very mad we got in about 12am and had to get up at 430 to be on the road again so we just went to bed.Then we leave and we do have a 4 year old and a 2 year old but we tried as hard as we could to leave as fast as possible when we got tothe lobby the old guy yelled at us saying that he had complaints about noise i mean we were in the hallway like 3 mins.I told him he did'nt have no where near as many complaints as we did abut this nasty place he said to go someplace else next time. I wrote holiday inn all they said is sorry we will tell them to do better big deal

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sarahhallock
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Dear sarahhallock,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. We hope you enjoyed the location of our hotel. We are deeply sorry you found our hotel staff service and your room conditions less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95

Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I booked this hotel on our way back to Florida. Wilson has many other chains available here but he has a points system with International Hotels Group so we stay in HIE on the road. There are actually two Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Wilson; one is the "downtown" property and this one is the I-95 HIE. Perhaps next time we stop in Wilson we should stay in the downtown property! I don't know what past reviewers have seen when they've stayed here but it can't be the same place I stayed in this weekend. As soon as we got to the room (we booked a double Queen room, there weren't any suites available) I wished we'd kept going. The bathroom sink is at the front door, literally. I could brush my teeth from the hall outside the room! The rest of the "bathroom" is one step away from the sink; using it reminds me of the dollhouse I had when I was younger (i.e. very small!!) It's not the cleanest bathroom either so I'd love to see some other reviewers' rooms here. There was some mold and water marks in the bathroom that I am sure will not come out of the mostly plastic module. Honestly, the bathroom is so small, you could wash with one foot in the toilet and one in the shower.

The room didn't really smell clean but we couldn't open the windows as the lower panel seem to be coming away from its casement. No matter. If we did, we would have had the greasy scents of the Cracker Barrel, which is about 100 yards away and can be seen from the our window, wafting through the room.

If we hadn't checked in at 10 pm we would have asked to move or maybe just looked for something else in town. As it was, we only stayed there one night and THAT was enough. Yes, yes, breakfast is included and check-in was easy (there wasn't anyone else checking in or indeed anyone else to be seen except the rather uninterested clerk at the front desk.) And yes, the walls seem thin, even though we were given a room on the top (of two) floors. We could still here people in the next room watching tv. The hotel is about two minutes away from the I-95 exit but I don't think proximity to the road makes up for the unappealing property.

In short, if you do have a choice when staying in Wilson, do not stay in this hotel. Please, do yourself that favor!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jamacat
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Dear Jamacat,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you liked the location of our hotel as well as our breakfast. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry your room accommodations fell below your expectations. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 April 2012

The Holiday Inn Express in Wilson, NC was a nice surprise! The staff was friendly, rooms clean, beds firm, flat screen TV, and a nice free breakfast selection. This hotel is sandwiched between a McDonald’s and Cracker Barrel!!!! I was most impressed with the number of TV channels because I LOVE TV! It’s basically like having the advanced cable package.

The only disadvantage about the hotel is that it is a true travel one night stop hotel. I was able to hear doors closing and people talking in the hall. Other than that, I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2012

On our way back from Florida we booked a night at this hotel. It is very close to I-95, the rooms are very clean, comfortable beds, easy check-in and breakfast included.
I agree with other reviewers that wall are thin and you could hear the steps above, but there is always an option to ask for top floor if available.

Room Tip: Top floor for less noise and further away from entrance door
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This is a wonderful hotel the rooms are clean the suite is gorgeous I love it cannot wait to come back again and again and again. It is right off of the highway there are places to eat all around very convenient to I 95 housekeeping is very friendly and concerned about your comfort

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Check-in was efficient and front desk staff was excellent, very helpful and polite. Lots of eatery beside this HIE. Room, bed and bathroom were in tip-top condition. Breakfast was typical of HIE and portions were generous. As pointed out by past reviews, the walls are thin and one may hear the neighbours when the TV is turned off.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Zeatin
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We stayed here one night last weekend and were very surprised at how thin the walls were. We could hear the animated conversations in the room next door and had to call the front desk to request that they keep their voices down. It was a shame because they were not overly loud, the walls were just so thin. I would not recommend that anyone who needs to sleep and have not lost their hearing stay here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family