“Way better than I would have expected”

Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
“Way better than I would have expected”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We did a long spring break drive down I-95. This hotel was a great find. Convenient to the interstate. Friendly staff. Clean room, if smallish. The free breakfast was over the top: healthy selections and hearty choices too. Cracker Barrel next door offered a decent dinner the night we arrived.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Kathleen B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your enjoyable stay with other trip advisor users. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you on your next trip.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We were on our way to Myrtle Beach and found a great price for our 1 bedroom (2 queen bed) room. We requested a roll out bed and had one delivered before we made it to the room. Continental breakfast in the morning and couldn't be any closer to hop back on 95 in the morning. great stay

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank hmakula
Kathleen B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 14 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your enjoyable stay at our hotel with others. We value your feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Miami
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I was travelling to NYC for business and had to stay overnight somewhere on the way and picked this location because they had a good price on American Airlines website.

The room was excellent and perfectly clean, bed was comfortable, water pressure was good. Can't find anything to pick on, really.

Room Tip: You can buy Krispy Kreme donuts at a large gas station on the other side of I-95.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Kathleen B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel and staff exceeded your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your good experience with others.
Bucuresti
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Wilson on our way down to Florida for New Years. The hotel was perfectly comfortable, and the staff were friendly and accommodating. We got the last smoking room which was a King suite with a jacuzzi tub at a reasonable price. The only reason for the 4-star review is that for about an hour, we had no hot water at the tub, but after that time it warmed up and the rest of our experience was flawless.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Kathleen B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 6 January 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive experience at our hotel with others. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the hottub. I will have maintenance in there to check it today and thank you for bringing it to our attention. I am so glad you enjoyed yoru stay and we look forward to seeing you again.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We used this hotel as a quick overnighter on our way to Florida. We arrived late at night and got our rooms without issue. The rooms were good, seemed clean, and were quiet, and when we left before breakfast in the morning they had coffee on! The bathroom was incredibly small, but had lots of hot water. The Hotel is nicely decorated as well.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Kathleen B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 5 January 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience at our hotel with others. We appreciate it and hope to see you soon.
Delaware
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I wonder if this motel started out as another chain. It isn't as nice as other HIE's that I've stayed in. The worst part was it must of been weeks since the area behind the bathroom door was cleaned. There is only about 18" between the end of one of the beds (we had a room with 2 queen beds) and the chair for the desk. The sink is outside the bathroom-Uck!. The lighting is lacking throughout the room and especially bad over the sink. The furniture was in good condition,comfortable mattress and the internet was fast and dependable.
I could write a book about the nightmare of our attempt to have breakfast. It was supposed to start at 6:30, which I think is late. There was a bus load of people. They crowded the food area at 6:40 as the server was still putting out food. We settled for a bagel with peanut butter and ate in our room. It seems to me that the management should have extra help when they know there is a group that will all want breakfast at the same time. There is no excuse, in my opinion, to not have all breakfast items out by the stated time breakfast starts.

The dumpster, which must have been very close to our room, was emptied at 4:40 a.m. Although not the management's fault, this is another reason I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere-there are many other motels within 1/2 mile.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
We appreciate all feedback about our hotel and appreciate yours as it gives us idea and input on where we need to improve. The tour buses are new business for us and based on your input and that of others, we are considering several options for how to better manage the flow through the breakfast bar when buses are in house. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that your stay was not a positive one. We hope to see you again in the future and change that.
Reviewed 22 December 2012

We usually stay at Hampton inns but they were all full.....I am so glad because we found this wonderful hotel. It was the cleanest hotel I have every been in and the bed was super comfortable. Breakfast was great too!! This is our new hotel when we travel!

• Stayed December 2012
Kathleen B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 23 December 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience at our hotel with others. We look forward to seeing you again.