“Honestly Trying Hard”

Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
“Honestly Trying Hard”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Convenient to I 95 with a Cracker Barrel in the back parking lot was a plus. Hotel was clean but small. Lobby has couch and two chairs and "business area" is a desk with a desktop computer and chair. Rooms were outdated with old card locks that did not work 8 out of 10 tries; however, we were told the hotel is in the "process of changing locks" and we were to expect difficulty with the locks. GREAT NEWS when you are bleary-eyed checking in at 11 pm after driving all day. Front desk staff courteous and patient each of the 12-15 times I had them walk down the hall to unlock my room with a master key. Management obviously frustrated with the situation, and so was I. They did make the situation right with me by comping a nights' stay (1 of 4). Breakfast was typical, and area to eat is small and was very crowded every morning. Just seemed cramped. Room has split sink and toilet/shower area. Again very odd and outdated. Room was normal sized, but mattresses were new and firm. Flat screen TV good. AC/heat was good. Overall, older hotel compared to newer HIE which have bigger lobbies, bathrooms, dining areas. Management (Kathleen) very nice and honestly trying hard to make guests happy with stay

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Kathleen B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with others. I would like to once again apologize for the issues with your door lock and thank you for your patience in dealing with it. I would also like to thank you for your kind words and compliments towards our staff. They are a great bunch of people who really enjoy taking care of our guests and it is always nice when their efforts are appreciated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Phyllis and Kathleen really took care of my family while they stay at Hotel during our family reunion from the first day when,I book the rooms Phyllis was very nice and respectful person,I will recommend this Hotel to my family and friends in the near future thank you was again for making my family very welcome and showing good customer service. Gwen Lee

• Stayed August 2013
Kathleen B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your enjoyable experience at our hotel. We take great pride in our customer service and love it when guests feel appreciated and valued. We enjoyed having your entire family with us for the reunion and look forward to seeing you again.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Everything was clean. The bed was quite comfortable. Breakfast was the usual, it was kept well stocked and warm. Good value for the money. I would stay here again.
Close to several restaurants and a shopping center.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Kathleen B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at our hotels with others. We value your feedback and hope to see you the next time you are in Wilson.
Savannah, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Very bad Holiday Inn. The architectural layout of the rooms is horrid: having the basin in the hallway, not the bathroom, means that (1) a guest cannot use the sink without waking up someone in the bed and (2) one cannot get out the door or, worse, in the door without smacking someone at the sink. Also, the bathroom is so small that one has to climb in the tub or wedge beside the toilet to shut the door. The pillows are lumpy blobs and the sheets to short. The air conditioner unit was filled with someone's old Cherrios. Every time someone overhead used water or flushed it was evident. All this for over $100/night. Never again.

Room Tip: try another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank REED E
Kathleen B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and found the layout to be small and difficult. We want all of our guests to enjoy their stay with us and feel as if they received good value for their money. I will be passing along your comments and issues to the appropriate personnel so that they may be addressed and please feel free to contact me at the property personally.

Travellers are raving about these Wilson hotels

Hainesport, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Very happy with this overnight stop. Great value for us (they discount for military), but even without that discount, we would have been pleased. Clean, decent sized room, comfortable queen sized beds, very good breakfast, and pleasant staff. There are many good restaurants and stores in Wilson, area seems new. Would definitely stay at this hotel on future road trip

• Stayed July 2013
Kathleen B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Our staff is so glad that we exceeded your expectations with your stay. We work hard to make sure our guests are happy and it makes our day when we receive positive feedback and when people take the time to share it with others. We hope to see you tne next time you are in Wilson.
conway, SC
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This motel was very clean and most comfortable. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. The bed was very comfortable and the entire place was very clean. The breakfast was the usual, but plenty of it. The lady who took care of the breakfast (included) was very attentive.
I would return anytime we are in this area.

Room Tip: Ours was on the 1st floor. Quiet and clean.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Kathleen B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Our staff is very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We thank you for taking the time to share your good experience with us and others and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 June 2013

As usual, this Holiday Inn Express had great amenities, comfy beds, nice breakfast, quick internet, etc. My only complaint is that the place reeked of cigarette smoke throughout. Our non-smoking room took about an hour to clear up after coming in the door, and we had to put a towel at the base of the door to keep the hall air out, and had to keep the fan on high to make sure smoke didn't infiltrate the room..

Room Tip: The rooms are all nice, second floor avoids people stomping overhead. But if you need truly non-smo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob d
Kathleen B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
I am sorry about your experience with the cigarette smoke smell. All of the rooms in the hotel are being converted to nonsmoking and there are only six smoking rooms left on the property. Until the conversion of those 6 rooms on the second floor is complete, all rooms on the first floor are nonsmoking and have been for years. I would like to apologize once again however for how this issue impacted your stay and thank you for sharing your comments.