“Saved the day!”

Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
“Saved the day!”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We were driving down from New York to Florida for Christmas when we hit a deer on i95 and got stuck on the hotel exit. They accommodated every one of our needs, offered any help possible, and took a lot of stresses associated with damaging your vehicle off of us with their friendly and helpful demeanor. The next day when we were stuck waiting for our rental car for hours, they accommodated us by allowing us to have as late a check out as we needed. They even brought us some cake from the staff Christmas lunch they were having and offered to help with the cost f the room the second night if we were still stranded. I am constantly driving back and forth from ny to ga and I know that I will stay here every time I travel from now on! They were amazing!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Pandaqu33n
Kathleen B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay at our property. We are just happy that we could be a help in such a stressful situation. We hope to see you again as you travel back and forth.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Here for a soccer weekend. Old property but nice staff who work with you, breakfast was really pretty good. The last match was on a rainy cold day. Manager let us check out really late so my daughter could take a warm shower and change into dry clothes for the 7 hour trip home. For the price the property was worth it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Kathleen B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you so much for sharing the good experience you and your team had at our hotel. We enjoy hosting the larger groups and it was a pleasure to have you all. We hope we get to host your team next year and hope you had a good and safe trip home.
Smithfield, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We were driving to Florida for Thanksgiving but weather and traffic prevented us from making it to our planned stopping point in Florence, SC... we pulled into this hotel with no reservation. The hotel was bright and the room clean and quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. On our return trip we had a negative experience at our hotel and walked out. We stayed here again as a back up so they saved the day twice on one vacation

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank LewAndBobbi
Kathleen B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
I am so glad that our hotel and staff made your Thanksgiving travel a pleasant experience. We love to hear when guests enjoyed their stays. We hope to see you the next time you are traveling to Florida.
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Convenient to I 95 with a Cracker Barrel in the back parking lot was a plus. Hotel was clean but small. Lobby has couch and two chairs and "business area" is a desk with a desktop computer and chair. Rooms were outdated with old card locks that did not work 8 out of 10 tries; however, we were told the hotel is in the "process of changing locks" and we were to expect difficulty with the locks. GREAT NEWS when you are bleary-eyed checking in at 11 pm after driving all day. Front desk staff courteous and patient each of the 12-15 times I had them walk down the hall to unlock my room with a master key. Management obviously frustrated with the situation, and so was I. They did make the situation right with me by comping a nights' stay (1 of 4). Breakfast was typical, and area to eat is small and was very crowded every morning. Just seemed cramped. Room has split sink and toilet/shower area. Again very odd and outdated. Room was normal sized, but mattresses were new and firm. Flat screen TV good. AC/heat was good. Overall, older hotel compared to newer HIE which have bigger lobbies, bathrooms, dining areas. Management (Kathleen) very nice and honestly trying hard to make guests happy with stay

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Kathleen B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with others. I would like to once again apologize for the issues with your door lock and thank you for your patience in dealing with it. I would also like to thank you for your kind words and compliments towards our staff. They are a great bunch of people who really enjoy taking care of our guests and it is always nice when their efforts are appreciated.
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Phyllis and Kathleen really took care of my family while they stay at Hotel during our family reunion from the first day when,I book the rooms Phyllis was very nice and respectful person,I will recommend this Hotel to my family and friends in the near future thank you was again for making my family very welcome and showing good customer service. Gwen Lee

• Stayed August 2013
Kathleen B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your enjoyable experience at our hotel. We take great pride in our customer service and love it when guests feel appreciated and valued. We enjoyed having your entire family with us for the reunion and look forward to seeing you again.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Everything was clean. The bed was quite comfortable. Breakfast was the usual, it was kept well stocked and warm. Good value for the money. I would stay here again.
Close to several restaurants and a shopping center.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Kathleen B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at our hotels with others. We value your feedback and hope to see you the next time you are in Wilson.
Savannah, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Very bad Holiday Inn. The architectural layout of the rooms is horrid: having the basin in the hallway, not the bathroom, means that (1) a guest cannot use the sink without waking up someone in the bed and (2) one cannot get out the door or, worse, in the door without smacking someone at the sink. Also, the bathroom is so small that one has to climb in the tub or wedge beside the toilet to shut the door. The pillows are lumpy blobs and the sheets to short. The air conditioner unit was filled with someone's old Cherrios. Every time someone overhead used water or flushed it was evident. All this for over $100/night. Never again.

Room Tip: try another hotel