“I would stay here again.”

Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
Bernville, Pennsylvania
“I would stay here again.”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

For the price, this is a very nice hotel. We stayed here en route to Georgia so it was a quick stay. We came in at night and left in the morning. There is a Cracker Barrel next to the hotel so dinner was easy. A complimentary breakfast was served in the morning and it was nice; they had more choices than I expected. It was a small area but people ate and moved out so others could have the tables. The room was nice, the beds comfortable. There was a refrigerator and a coffee maker in the room. There was a mini market next to the hotel so we walked over and got water and drinks. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank trishy066
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear trishy066,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a detailed review of your experience. We’re glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and that your overall stay was a pleasant one.

Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For this reason, your comments are very very much appreciated and will serve as an inspiration to us. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to serve you again on your next visit to Wilson.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was a pretty typical Holiday Inn Express. Our first floor room was clean and in pretty good condition. Front desk staff were friendly and efficient. The price was very good. I especially enjoyed the breakfast. Food was the usual hot offerings, pastries, etc. The staff maintaining the area were excellent. The whole area was well stocked and spotless even though it was very busy. Seems like a good idea to have more than one person working in the area as this property did. I was annoyed by the ham footed people above us and all the door slammers on our hall. Fortunately everyone went to bed and stayed there or it would have been difficult to rest. I realize that the hotel can't be perfectly soundproof and offer excellent pricing. I didn't hear voices through the walls, just the doors and people thumping around. Can't blame the property for that.

Room Tip: Upper floor will avoid thumping noises
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Ameish W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for you feedback! I do apologize for the disturbance you experienced during your stay but I'm very pleased to hear that it didn't disturb you all through the night. Hopefully you will continue to stay with us we really appreciate your business.
Malone, New York
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We recently spent two nights in Wilson for a family gathering. I just wanted to say that the staff here was fantastic. They made us feel right at home. This property is well-run and it shows. Thanks again for making our stay so comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank George R
walton, new york
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed at this Hotel on our way down to Florida and also on our way back to New York. We found the hotel to be clean and staff very friendly. The breakfast was good and again the staff was so very friendly. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kelso2011
York, PA
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Driving from Florida back to PA we picked this hotel as a midway stop for the night. Being a gold priority club member it was strange the receptionist did not acknowledge this, which is rare. The lobby was okay but when we got to the second floor the first thing we noticed was the strong odor of cigarettes. The signs on all the doors of the rooms said no smoking however this was not being enforced. We hoped our room wouldn't stink but it was equally reeking of smoke. We tried to open the window but it had wasps on the sill. I haven't been in this kind of smoking situation in a long time. Usually you have to sign a paper that says you will be charged a gigantic fee if you smoke in the room. What is going on with this hotel? Other then that the room was small and very dated with a chain lock on the door. Didn't get much sleep there, the bed wasn't very comfortable and the air conditioner/heater was extremely noisy. I would never stay there again, couldn't wait to leave.

Room Tip: Get a room somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amsirius
Kathleen B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
I am sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. I will certainly be speaking with our front desk staff to remind them of the importance of acknowledging Rewards Club members. Loyalty is important to us and yours should have been recognized. We do have 6 rooms in the property that are smoking and they are on the second floor. I am sorry that you had to experience the smell of the cigarettes in your non smoking room. All of the rooms on the first floor are non smoking. Our front desk staff should have spent more time with you to educate you on the hotel and find a room that would best meet your needs. Once again, I apologize for your unsatisfactory stay and hope you will give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your experience in more detail.

Travellers are raving about these Wilson hotels

Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 December 2013

we are partial to holiday inn express facilities-specially when they're new which this one is apparently not. slightly faded around the edges but otherwise ok and a good value. our dog is on the larger size but the clerk at the desk said it was a slow night and booked us in - thankfully 'cause it was christmas night and so nice to find room at the inn.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Kathleen B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with others. We are always working to improve our property and feedback such as yours helps us to highlight what we need to focus on. I am glad you and your pet found room at the inn.
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We were driving down from New York to Florida for Christmas when we hit a deer on i95 and got stuck on the hotel exit. They accommodated every one of our needs, offered any help possible, and took a lot of stresses associated with damaging your vehicle off of us with their friendly and helpful demeanor. The next day when we were stuck waiting for our rental car for hours, they accommodated us by allowing us to have as late a check out as we needed. They even brought us some cake from the staff Christmas lunch they were having and offered to help with the cost f the room the second night if we were still stranded. I am constantly driving back and forth from ny to ga and I know that I will stay here every time I travel from now on! They were amazing!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Pandaqu33n
Kathleen B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay at our property. We are just happy that we could be a help in such a stressful situation. We hope to see you again as you travel back and forth.