“Decent place! Excellent staff!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Crossland Studios Winston-Salem - University Parkway
Ranked #35 of 37 Hotels in Winston Salem
Norristown, PA
“Decent place! Excellent staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I am a bit surprised by some of the reviews. We stayed here two nights. We had the 2 bedroom apartment and it was decent for the money. The beds were comfortable, the televisions worked, the microwave worked. Both bathrooms were fine. The area was nice with lots of stores nearby. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and courteous. Some of the furniture was a bit dated, but It is not the Hilton, so I wasn't expecting the Hilton. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Studios Winston-Salem - University Parkway, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for writing a glowing review of our hotel. The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks regarding our comfortable accommodations and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you’re in town!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

This place is a joke!! I made my reservation weeks in advance through Hotels.com. I called in the morning for an early check in. They had my name on the list and said it wouldn't be possible that day with all the bookings. That was fine until I arrived that afternoon to check in. I was first told they only had smoking. Not what I reserved. Then my name wasn't on the list. The assistant manager then came out and proceeded to tell me my room was no longer available. She stated Expedia overbooked 10 rooms. Nothing to do with me since I used Hotels.com. She said they were supposed to call me and inform me. I asked why my name was on the list that morning and now I have no room??? Right, like I don't know it was sold out from underneath me for a better price with all of the conferences and conventions going on that weekend. I was 5 minutes from my conference, which is why I booked them. There were no rooms available anywhere and I ended up staying 20 miles away that night. NO thanks to this place or Hotels.com for not helping me out and throwing me out on the streets

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize for the issues that you dealt with during the check-in process at our hotel. I will meet with our entire staff to review our guest protocol and reservation policy so that this issue does not affect future guests. If you would like to discuss this issue any further, please contact me at wsu2@extendedstay.com.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in town.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I travel often and stay at a wide range of hotels. This is by far worst ever. The girl at the front desk couldnt stop sniffelling, nor could the guys she was talking to before me. There was also a large man in room 100 laying there with the door open. Im no square or cop but hmm. Front desk girl didnt know where room 108 was, had to ask security. She also forgot to hand me my cc back and had to send security ro my room. This is after she tried ro charge my cc for a prepaid booking, and had to call an unknown man for help to find my booking. The queen bed has ONE pillow. The toilet seat was rough to the touch, but came clean with a damp piece of toilet paper. This shows the toilet seat hasnt beem claned in some time. Scared to sleep in bed but stranded and have no other choice.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room and that the level of professionalism our staff displayed did not meet your expectations. I am working with our entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Also, your feedback regarding our level of customer service will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this issue any further, please contact me at wsu2@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

They need to clean it was horrible I have still not received a call back I have pictures the bathroom had mold dust and lent in towels stains on the walls and floor spider webs I will never go to that location again

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Tanecia
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room and I am working with the staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Please contact me, at wsu@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this issue any further.

Again, thank you for the feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Lexington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is a stripped-down economy motel, but it is in a safe and attractive location and is well-managed. The rooms are clean and quiet, the beds are comfortable, and it has reasonably fast wifi. For $50 or so a night, it's hard to ask for more. The staff was unusually courteous and warm; an issues I had when checking in 11 pm to find the central reservation system had overbooked the hotel was quickly and personally resolved by the manager. Overall, a very good budget option for the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The staff and I read your review and would like to thank you for the kind remarks. We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Again, thank you for the comments. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the near future.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Several different things. But for one night, I could stand the troubles. Didn't see bugs but there was other things like...hanging down exhaust fan from ceiling, no remote.Tv good and fuzzy on certain channels. But for the $$$$, it will pass.

Room Tip: The time I stayed before this one was much better. I addressed the hotel corporate office but never...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Greensboro, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed here for WSSU's homecoming last weekend. Nice staff, however the hotel was overbooked. My room smelled like smoke even though I specifically requested non-smoking. There were no extra was cloths or toilet tissue! Plus stink bugs dead & alive upon checking in. Because they were overbooked I couldn't switch rooms. The outlet behind the night stand was coming apart & looked very unsafe. The dishes in the kitchen also looked like they hadn't been washed! Doubt I stay here ever again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo