“Very nice outside, not so much inside”

Crossland Studios Winston-Salem - University Parkway
Ranked #35 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed 13 July 2014

No room cleaning (unless extra was paid)....asked for non-smoking, was given smoking....room appeared MUCH larger on website....bathroom sink was coming off wall.....hole by the door inside the room......air conditioner didn't feel like it was conditioning...overall NOT an enjoyable stay, I will not be staying with this company again

• Stayed: July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios Winston-Salem - University Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are very sorry that we could not accommodate your room request and that your room did not meet your expectations. We will be working with our maintenance engineer to ensure everything in our rooms is in proper working order prior to our guest's arrival.

We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly, at wsu@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We do hope that you will return to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I prepaid for a room for a Friday night through Travelocity. I was to attend a conference in Winston-Salem on Saturday and would not be arriving at the hotel until 11:00. While in route, a message was left on my cell phone by the manager saying that they had overbooked rooms and were canceling my reservation. There was no offer to call another hotel for me and because of a basketball tournament and several conferences, there were no other rooms in the city.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MichelleLRoswell
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Studios Winston-Salem - University Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I will review our reservations policies and guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly at, wsu2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I am a bit surprised by some of the reviews. We stayed here two nights. We had the 2 bedroom apartment and it was decent for the money. The beds were comfortable, the televisions worked, the microwave worked. Both bathrooms were fine. The area was nice with lots of stores nearby. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and courteous. Some of the furniture was a bit dated, but It is not the Hilton, so I wasn't expecting the Hilton. I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Studios Winston-Salem - University Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you for writing a glowing review of our hotel. The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks regarding our comfortable accommodations and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you’re in town!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This place is a joke!! I made my reservation weeks in advance through Hotels.com. I called in the morning for an early check in. They had my name on the list and said it wouldn't be possible that day with all the bookings. That was fine until I arrived that afternoon to check in. I was first told they only had smoking. Not what I reserved. Then my name wasn't on the list. The assistant manager then came out and proceeded to tell me my room was no longer available. She stated Expedia overbooked 10 rooms. Nothing to do with me since I used Hotels.com. She said they were supposed to call me and inform me. I asked why my name was on the list that morning and now I have no room??? Right, like I don't know it was sold out from underneath me for a better price with all of the conferences and conventions going on that weekend. I was 5 minutes from my conference, which is why I booked them. There were no rooms available anywhere and I ended up staying 20 miles away that night. NO thanks to this place or Hotels.com for not helping me out and throwing me out on the streets

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize for the issues that you dealt with during the check-in process at our hotel. I will meet with our entire staff to review our guest protocol and reservation policy so that this issue does not affect future guests. If you would like to discuss this issue any further, please contact me at wsu2@extendedstay.com.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I travel often and stay at a wide range of hotels. This is by far worst ever. The girl at the front desk couldnt stop sniffelling, nor could the guys she was talking to before me. There was also a large man in room 100 laying there with the door open. Im no square or cop but hmm. Front desk girl didnt know where room 108 was, had to ask security. She also forgot to hand me my cc back and had to send security ro my room. This is after she tried ro charge my cc for a prepaid booking, and had to call an unknown man for help to find my booking. The queen bed has ONE pillow. The toilet seat was rough to the touch, but came clean with a damp piece of toilet paper. This shows the toilet seat hasnt beem claned in some time. Scared to sleep in bed but stranded and have no other choice.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room and that the level of professionalism our staff displayed did not meet your expectations. I am working with our entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Also, your feedback regarding our level of customer service will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this issue any further, please contact me at wsu2@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

They need to clean it was horrible I have still not received a call back I have pictures the bathroom had mold dust and lent in towels stains on the walls and floor spider webs I will never go to that location again

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Tanecia

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room and I am working with the staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Please contact me, at wsu@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this issue any further.

Again, thank you for the feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is a stripped-down economy motel, but it is in a safe and attractive location and is well-managed. The rooms are clean and quiet, the beds are comfortable, and it has reasonably fast wifi. For $50 or so a night, it's hard to ask for more. The staff was unusually courteous and warm; an issues I had when checking in 11 pm to find the central reservation system had overbooked the hotel was quickly and personally resolved by the manager. Overall, a very good budget option for the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

The staff and I read your review and would like to thank you for the kind remarks. We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Again, thank you for the comments. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the near future.