“Needs improvement”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Winston-Salem
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed at LaQuinta based on a recommendation for a mid range hotel from family. Not worth the stay as I'm accustomed to staying at 4 star hotels. Odor should never be an issue for customers. Staff was more than accommodating with my request to move but the 2nd room was not much better. Needs some improvement with cleanliness and odor removal from air conditioner and carpets.

1  Thank T W

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We drove in to Winston-Salem from Baltimore on not nearly enough sleep. We were both extremely tired when we arrived at almost 1am. The person at the desk was very friendly and understanding and simply asked for my name and handed me the keys for our room. The hotel was quiet and that was the best nights sleep we'd had in several days.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Very Happy with our families stay at this hotel. Everything was as or better than expected. Price was excellent and hotel was in great condition. Fast check in and check out and everything was priced as reserved. Great variety of restaurants and stores in the area for whatever we wanted to needed. Quiet hotel and everything was in great shape.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I came into Greensboro late at night and it was the only hotel in the area with available rooms, likely because it's semi-tucked away and difficult to see from the road. They got me a good room at a reasonable price. Was quiet, nice bath, fridge, and microwave and had a wall themorstat for room temperature. Slept like a baby and they allowed me late check-out at 1pm. Can't comment on the breakfast but the dining setup looked decent.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I don't understand why this hotel is rated 3 stars? The service was horrible. Told there was no room for us 45 min After check-in time. My husband finally had to get the manger involved. The buffet is small compared to other hotels. Renovated? More like just put a fresh coat of paint on everything. NO fridge. Bathroom hinge broken. Pay the extra $20 and stay somewhere else.

2  Thank YELLOWSEASTAR
Reviewed 20 August 2014

So I am currently staying here all week for a business trip, and I can honestly say that I will NOT be staying here again next month. I debated on checking out after the first night and going to another hotel down the street, but since I have some co-workers staying here as well, I decided to suck it up.

So I checked in on Sunday night and the lady at the front desk was actually very nice. She has been the ONLY highlight of the hotel!

Once I got in the elevator, I noticed a very foul smell. I then got off on my floor and the smell was much worse!! Come to find out, this is a dog friendly hotel! So the smell had to be from the dogs!

I got into my room and my bathroom smelled like a sweaty gym locker room. I figured it was something that would go away after time.... I was wrong. I went to go take a shower and there was NO shampoo. I had to call down to the front desk and they had someone bring some up to me. She did not seem too happy when she knocked on my door. Not my fault!

So when I woke up on Monday, I figured the bathroom would be cleaned while I was away for the day and the smell would be gone. NOPE. I got back Monday afternoon and the they basically just made the bed and added a couple of towels. Howwever, they LEFT a wet washcloth on the counter in front of the coffee pot. Disgusting. They did not even replace the cups I used or clean the bathroom. Makes me wonder when the last time the bathroom was ACTUALLY cleaned. Gross. Plus it still smells like sweat!

So here we are on Tuesday, and still a crappy job on the room clean up while I was out. I left the toilet paper roll empty on purpose, and guess what......they did not even put on a new roll of toilet paper!!! What kind of house keeping is this?!?!?

Can not wait to check out of here!!!

P.S. The orange juice machine that they have in the lobby in the mornings, has fruit flies all around it and actually ON the nozzle. GROSS!!!

Room Tip: Book elsewhere!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Shawn L
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I'm very comfortable staying at LaQuinta Inns & Suites. I feel safe when I'm alone and when I travel with my significant other or as on this visit with my sisters. They roomed together and had ample space for two women. The staff members are cordial, courteous and helpful. They embody everything I've heard about Southern hospitality. Beds in both rooms are extremely comfortable.