“Shortstay#219”

Courtyard Winston-Salem Hanes Mall
Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This was my family's second stay at Courtyard by Marriott. The staff here is always very welcoming and accommodating to your needs, whether it is associated with rooming or related to dining. We've stayed in other hotels in Winston but this is the one that I have returned to and look for as it has all needs. The dining area provides all the needs we need. The rates are affordable and the suites and other rooms provide needs for multiple family sizes. The hotel is also located in the prime area around, shopping and the freeway. I recommend for any stay, whether busies or pleasure.

Room Tip: The hotel is very quiet in general. No challenges with noise and I have been located by the elevator...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Tom F, General Manager at Courtyard Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Kinshasha h,
Thank you for your kind words about the Courtyard Hanes Mall, our staff is very guest and customer focused, where you are our number 1 priority. Yes the location is great with great access to prime shopping, Restaurants and freeway access. We look forward to your return visit. Thank you..

Reviewed 30 November 2013

My wife and I had a great few nights stay. Sonya warmly welcomed us. The bed and pillows were super comfortable. Really liked that there were areas where we were able to socialize with family at night.

The rate was certainly affordable and one of the better ones in town. Definitely recommended!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
tandt82, General Manager at Courtyard Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear GCbone41,

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel and one of our Superstars Sonya. She certainly is a jewel and guests really love her. We hope that when you come to the area you stop in, we have great shopping packages to the Mall next store. Thanks again and we look forward to serving your needs in the future. Go Buckeyes!!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Decent hotel, but like a number of Courtyards that don't want elite members to stay by refusing free breakfast, the Hanes Mall Courtyard is in that camp. When there are numerous Marriotts brands (or other brands) in the area, why would an elite stay there with their family? Breakfast for my family each day has been $50, which would be free at the Courtyard 2 miles away.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank travelalot20

Dear travelalot20,
Marriott corp sets the Brands standards for each of the Brands, and 1 of the Standards set for Courtyards are the Bistro concept with an ala cart menu that the guest pays for what they choose. Courtyard Hanes Mall is in support of the Marriott Brand Standards that are required by Marriott Corp. This is a great hotel that choses to follow the rules set forth by our leadership for the consistency of the Brand. If you choose to stay at a lesser quality hotel, which gives away their food, that choice is yours. We do have several thousand Marriott Elite guests that love to stay here each year, and Love our Bistro Concept. I am sorry you feel that way, and hope that you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Black mold on ceiling in the bathroom, there was a blood spot on my pillowcase, killed 2 spiders.
..SO glad I didn't have my family with me. Counter staff very nice and at least acted suprised for me. Gave the manger a day to follow up with me and I still have not heard a word.

• Stayed: November 2013
tandt82, General Manager at Courtyard Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Signman5,
I am truly So So Sorry if I was to get back to you, I did check with my AGM on this and she indicated that she has communicated via Email with you a few times, but if this is not sufficient and you would like to speak with me directly I would be more than happy to. My direct line is 336-760-7101. We did follow up on your concerns, and have corrected all issues that you have pointed out. I am very sorry that we did not meet you expectations, and I would love to have an opportunity to prove to you that this is a great hotel, with a great staff. Please contact me at your convenience so that I can assure you that these issues have been corrected. Thank you very much for letting us know so that we may correct these problems so they do not occur to others.
Yours in Hospitality,
Courtyard Hanes Mall
Winston Salem, NC

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed at the hotel despite the reviews. I asked about a room with a jacuzzi since it was on the website at the time. However, I was told upon checking in that no rooms have them and that the hotel had gone through a remodel. That has since been removed from their website. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. We stayed during a busy time for the hotel. There was a soccer event going on. Despite lots of kids in the hotel, it was still a quiet sleep. (In the future, I will be asking what type of event is going on before staying there again.) The pool is really small so don't count on too many people in it at the same time. The workout equipment was handy. Food prices in the cafe was expensive, but good thing the mall was right across the street. It's within walking distance, but there's a busy road to cross. There are also other restaurants in the area. I will say the best part of the stay was the front desk staff. When we checked in and out. They were really friendly. I had even asked to have a late check out due to an event and it was no problem. I would stay again at this hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed two doors from the elevator and there was no problem with noise. We also had a second floo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
tandt82, General Manager at Courtyard Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear Tracy S,
Thank you for your kind words about our lovely hotel, and yes it is much better than some of the reviews we have received. I am curious as to what website you saw a Jaccuzzi, as we removed the tubs over a year ago. This hotel typically is a corporate base business during the week and yes we do have sport teams over the weekends, and every one is very happy. We are blessed with a great and caring staff. Again thank you for your comments and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Last week I had the pleasure of staying at the Marriott Courtyard Hanes Mall in Winston Salem. The hotel had the updated lobby and cafe and the staff was very helpful. The hotel is located near a shopping mall and many restaurants. I recommend this hotel the next time you are in Winston-Salem.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
tandt82, General Manager at Courtyard Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear dcalianno,

Thank you very much for your kind words you have shared with Tripadvisor about the Courtyard Hanes Mall!! We are thrilled that you have recommended our hotel to other travelers and readers of Tripadvisor, we think this is Winston Salem’s best and newest hotel. With our Bistro featuring Starbucks that is open 24/7, location to major highways, located in a Residential Park like setting, and Great Service minded staff make this hotel a great choice for business travelers!! Thanks again and we look forward to serving your needs in the future…

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The best part of this hotel was Shawn the front desk personnel who checked us in. He gave great inning advice and genuine small talk. The hotel needs to be kept up better. They have plumbing issues (too slow toilets), mold on ceiling. Did report to management.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
tandt82, General Manager at Courtyard Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Mark and Teresa C,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your stay, I am sorry that the property did not meet your expectations. We are very proud of our friendly staff in Winston Salem, but I am disappointed to hear that there were issues in your room. Please contact me @ 336-760-5777, so that I may have an opportunity to correct those issues, before someone else has a less than perfect stay. We truly strive to have every guest, have a perfect stay every time. So please contact me, so that we may keep the Courtyard Hanes Mall a top hotel in Winston Salem, NC.

Thanks,