“Nice place, great service”

Comfort Suites Winston Salem/ Hanes Mall
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Asheville, North Carolina
“Nice place, great service”
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I took the advise of the last reviewer and requested a 5th floor facing front of hotel room when I booked. They made sure we had it and the room was very quiet. From the time we checked in to the time we left, the service was great. Hotel and room very clean. The breakfast, for a quick type breakfast, was good. They kept it well stocked and changed it up by day.
All it all, I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
One note - What they consider a suite is a regular room with a small extension that has a couch and coffee table. No two rooms or seperate area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side facing the microtel are very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank funreviewing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Raleigh
Reviewed 10 November 2011

The staff at this location is great!

The Sleep experience was just Ok. I would have higher things to say about this if my room had been facing the front of the building, and on the top floor. Between some elephant walking in the room above me from 2AM to 5AM, and the Interstate noise, my quality of sleep was questionable.

Room Tip: Grab a top level room facing the front, and you will enjoy this location!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank sunshades1
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We typically stay at the Hampton Inn, across the street, but for reasons unknown to us, it only had 2 rooms left at more than twice what we normally pay. We found the Comfort Suites at less than half the price and decided to give them a shot. Best thing we could've done! The rooms are huge, clean, and every bit as nice as the Hampton. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good enough to get us a good start on the day. I'd say we'll be staying here again. The turn into the hotel is a little hidden, so turn as if you're going in to the Outback Restaurant parking lot, then follow the road around to the back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank JT03
North Carolina
Reviewed 2 October 2011

the rooms are clean, the staff friendly, check in and out were easy. Wireless internet was free and worked well.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank rdmjr
angib242, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Winston Salem/ Hanes Mall, responded to this review, 4 October 2011
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Comfort Suites while in Winston Salem. Please let me know if I can assist you with any future needs in the area.

Best Regards,
Amy Garrett
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We use this venue for weekly meetings. The care and service offered by the staff is very good. If we ask for something it arrives without question. Excellent Manager in Amy Garrett. Our needs are important to her. I would recommend companies using this facility for stays and meetings.The location is convenient, right off I40

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank juleda
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 19 September 2011

The room was just OK. The A/C was too noisy. The compressor woke me up every time it activated. The water in the shower was either Hot or Cold, no in-between. Spent the second night at Embassy Suites, that turned out to be not much better, but that's a different review. Breakfast was just OK as well.

Room Tip: Try Residence Inn
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank pumpcaptain
Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I was there attending a business networking funstion and the banquest rooms there are very nice and up to date. Its a hidden gem in Winston for sure. The staff was all very friendly and I was asked several times if I was okay and if I needed anything. The public restrooms were spotless and smelled nice. I would recomend this hotel for all your business or banquet needs.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Wesley s
angib242, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Winston Salem/ Hanes Mall, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent meeting. I am glad to hear that the venue and staff made a great first impression. Please let me know if I can assist you with any future needs.

Amy Garrett