“Excellent Stay”

Comfort Suites Winston Salem/ Hanes Mall
Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed here because I had a medical appointment the following morning and feared that icy roads would hinder travel from home. Service was warm and welcoming, and we slept well on comfortable beds. Hallways were quiet. Many restaurants nearby for supper, the breakfast was excellent, and coffee was available around the clock. Would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
MicrotelWS, Manager at Comfort Suites Winston Salem/ Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

The hotel is located less than 1/2 a mile to Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center and 3.8 miles to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. I hope your procedure went well and I am glad to hear that our location to the facility helped during bad winter weather.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

The staff was pleasant and accommodating, room was nice and clean, BUT the breakfast was little more than what you could get at a gas station, and the building literally "shakes" when people walk on the floors above your room! We had several "teams" staying in the rooms around and above us and it was like an earthquake all night long! I'd still give the property a decent rating.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank M M
MicrotelWS, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Winston Salem/ Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Our breakfast is a standard hot breakfast for a hotel, including assorted cereals, pastries, instant oatmeal and grits, make your own waffle station, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, whole fruit, and eggs and bacon or sausage biscuits. Juice, milk, and coffee. These items are complimentary for registered guests from 6am-9am Monday- Friday and 7am-10am Saturday and Sunday. If you wish for changes to the breakfast menu I encourage you to contact Choice Hotels to share your thoughts.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed here for 1 week awaiting the birth of our grandson, and the Hospital was right up the road . The place was cleaned daily and any problems fixed ASAP. Had a problem with the in room Microwave did not work. It was changed the next morning along with a lose fitting in the bathroom sink as well. Maintenance Man was right on the ball. Put in pass word and Wi Fi hooked up with out a problem. We had a Suite and everything was fine except the noise below the room we were in. It has the laundry room underneath and the Hot water heating system kept making noise, and although I was told that they do not do the laundry at night it was still noisy. Could not get a room change because the only have one suite on each floor and all other were filled. I would recommend this place because other than that noise problem the Hotel is near everything and eating places near by. Shopping at the Mall was near as well. 90% satisfied with my stay.

Room Tip: Try not to book a suite on the second floor if you are a light sleeper. Keep away from Ice machines...
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I came to this site to book my room, found this hotel, made a reservation. The morning of my reservation day, the weather caused me to cancel. I cancelled by 10am and was given a confirmation number. The reservation dept told me I booked 2 rooms, which I didn't but he cancelled both. I have 2 charges of $87 on my bank statement. When I called the hotel, the same man I cancelled with told me that he had instructed me to call Expedia at the time I cancelled, which he did not. I called Expedia and they have NO RECORD of the charge, I tried calling Easytobook.com and the line has been a fast busy signal for two days. I called and left a voicemail with the GM and she has not called me back. I don't know if they or any Comfort Suites would ever be able to get my business after this run around...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jennifer E
MicrotelWS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Winston Salem/ Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Booking through third party vendors can be challenging when it comes to cancelling and I do apologize for the difficulties you have experienced. I have tried to contact you several times and have been unsuccessful in reaching you. I do not have your last name or dates of stay so if you could contact me directly I will research and contact Expedia on your behalf.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed with my wife visiting her family for Christmas. Hotel is in a great location near Hanes Mall so just about anything you need is right there, at the same time the hotel is a little bit back off the main road so it was very quiet. Breakfast in the morning was very good and all the staff I dealt with we're great. Recommended and will look there again when the need for a place to stay arises.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank avi8or_co

Often people will drive passed us and do not realize that we are tucked away behind Outback Steakhouse off Hanes Mall. Thank you for the review. We hope to meet you next time you are in town visiting your family.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

The hotel was clean and quiet, and the service was superb. Every day, everything that should be done to service a room was, in fact, done. This was a first for us after 30 years of travel. Even better, when we had a maintenance issue on Christmas Day, the desk staff went above and beyond to find someone to repair the problem, even thought most staff were, understandably, not scheduled to work. We most certainly will stay here again.

One note: This hotel is tucked away behind a Microtel and an Outback, so you need to be alert to find its parking lot, but the payoff of a great view of woods with attendant privacy and serious quiet (no road noise at all) is worth it.

We can't give the restaurant an excellent rating because we didn't really take advantage of the complimentary breakfast until the checkout day of our stay, and then we were so late, well, you wouldn't expect much at that hour. The pizzas from the vending machines the night before, however, were lifesavers and quite good for the price.

We don't have kids, so can't comment on that aspect of the hotel.

Room Tip: The even-numbered rooms look out on a wooded area -- very scenic!
1  Thank Andi R

The odd numbered rooms face the parking lot and outdoor seasonal pool. The even numbered rooms face the woods. Often people are surprised at how quiet the hotel is since we are located off I-40 and Hanes Mall Blvd.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Christmas day 2013 and checked out on the next day, the rooms are always clean and very comfortable, the staff are always courteous and friendly, willing to help and make your stay as comfortable as possible, this visit was different, this time i checked out and left my pocketbook in the room, didn't realize it until i had reached my next destination about 5 miles away, anyway, i drove back in sweats, worrying, as my whole life is kept in my pocketbook! you can imagine my relief when i arrived and found the that the gentleman working in housekeeping had turned it into the front desk! i was sooo excited i forgot to ask the name of the man so i could thank him personally! how great to know there are still honest people in the world and they work at the comfort suites hotel in Winston Salem! thank God and thank you for your honesty! I have already made this my hotel every time i visit.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor, there is little to no noise on the higher floors and less traffic, makes it...
2  Thank teresa w
MicrotelWS, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Winston Salem/ Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

I am glad to hear you realized your belonging were left behind quickly. In the event you had gotten further, we are happy to ship items left behind at the owner's request and expense. We look forward to seeing you again soon!