“We would go back in a heartbeat”

Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Topeka
“We would go back in a heartbeat”
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Nice people, nice place. The people go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank justmeTopeka
HamptonInnWS, Manager at Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall, responded to this review, 3 June 2011
Thank you for your review. We would have you back at our hotel in a heartbeat as well. Remember to stop in if you are ever traveling in the area.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I stayed here for business one night and had a great experience. The rooms and hotel were exceptionally clean with no smoky or old smell as some hotels have. The staff was great and extremely friendly, willing to offer some advice about the area. I would absolutely stay here again next time i am in the area!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank ffburnie
HamptonInnWS, Manager at Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall, responded to this review, 18 May 2011
Thank you for your review of our hotel. One thing I always like to highlight to business travelers is that our location affords a wealth of opportunities for dining, shopping, and relaxation. I will be sure to relay to the staff your kind words about the service that you experienced. We hope to see you again soon.
Boone NC
Reviewed 13 May 2011

My wife and I stayed for a night and our time was wonderful. The service was very friendly and given with a smile. Our room was very comfortable, especially the bed. Both of us slept comfortably. The next morning we went to breakfast and I was pleasantly surprised. There was enough food and choices to please almost anyone and on top of that it tasted good. This is the reason we choose Hampton when we travel, we've never had bad service nor have we ever regretted staying there. I want to thank everyone who works there for your hospitality and warm service.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank garyvnichols
A clean, comfortable, and memorable stay is something we always strive for. Thank you for letting us know that we achieved that with your recent stay. On a whole, Hampton Inns are known for these great characteristics, but I like to think that we are among the best of the best. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay, and hope that you are able to stay with us again in the future.
Irwin, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 May 2011

As a representative for a company that travels four States regularly, and stays in hotels for our corporate meetings in other locales three to four times a year, the last thing I want to do on a weekend is stay in another hotel. However, I must say our experience at the Hampton Inn in Winston-Salem NC near Haines Mall was an exemplary one!

From the friendly and accommodating staff to the business center, and the well-appointed breakfast/lounge are to the comfortable room, I was very impressed. As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, the service received was comparable to that expected at the "higher" brands like Doubletree and the flagship Hilton.

I work with schools and other non-profit organziations to help them realize that it's all about "the experience" that leads to customer loyalty and not just customer satisfaction. The staff at the Hampton Inn in Winston-Salem NC near Haines Mall "gets it" - and gives it to their customers!

Room Tip: Just ask!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mike Z
HamptonInnWS, Manager at Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall, responded to this review, 11 May 2011
As a seasoned traveler, it is great to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations. We always love to hear the compliments that compare our hotel to the "higher end" hotel brands, and with the renovated lobby and fresh look I certainly feel the compliments are well deserved. Our hotel does it's best to keep everything up to date so that we are more than just a place to stay. Like you mentioned, we try to give our guests and experience that they will remember and want to come back to.
Thank you for your review, and should you be in our area again in the future, we would love to have you stay with us again!

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2011

air con a bit noisy but good cookies, good breakfast, good rooms and good coffee and brilliant receptiotist Kirby thanks

Room Tip: hire a car
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank grahamville
HamptonInnWS, Manager at Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall, responded to this review, 15 April 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay at our hotel. I will be sure to let Kirby know about your kind words. If you are ever in our area in the future we would love the opportunity to serve you again.
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 5 April 2011

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn on many occasions over the last five years. The staff treats you more like family then a customer. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome, and will do anything they can to make your stay pleasant. This hotel was recently completely remodeled. The rooms are very pleasant and comfortable and have new flat screen televisions. The wireless internet connection is one the fastest I have experienced at any hotel I have stayed in. The remodeled breakfast area is large, bright and a very pleasant area to meet and eat in. I can highly recommend this Hampton Inn if you find yourself traveling to Winston Salem, NC.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank wmn914
HamptonInnWS, Manager at Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall, responded to this review, 6 April 2011
It is very rewarding to myself and the entire staff to see the kind words you have posted. We are always looking for ways to update and upgrade our hotel, such as the newly revamped wireless internet circuits, our flat screen televisions with HD programming, and the recent introduction of a recyling program at the request of several of our guests. As we try to stay ahead of the curve we always welcome comments and suggestions. It is this invaluable information that allows us to be better today than we were yesterday. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you for years to come.
Bryan Haugh, Assistant General Manager.
Durham, NC
Reviewed 3 April 2011

I am a diamond level Hilton Honors member and try to stay in Hilton properties when traveling. After a very long day at the Furniture Market I checked into this hotel to relax and rest up for my next day at market. I was given a room that had a broken TV. I called the front desk and was told to check the TV connections! I already had and asked for someone in the maintenance department to come and fix the problem. I was informed the ONLY employee in the hotel was working the front desk and could not leave it to help me. I then called Hilton Guest Services at the 800- number and this person was also given the same information. What kind of business manager runs a 4 story hotel during furniture market with ONE employee working? This property has no interest in providing a comfortable stay or customer service.

Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank NCdesigndiva
HamptonInnWS, Manager at Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall, responded to this review, 4 April 2011
I am sorry you experienced some challenges with your television during your stay at our hotel. As I mentioned earlier today, we have issued you our 100% guarantee and refunded the full amount for your room and tax. Since your complaint, we have addressed the issue by replace the faulty television, and I am sorry that the problem was not caught before your stay. If there is anything else our hotel can do for you, or if you would like to discuss the situation further, please feel free to contact me at the hotel.