I have stayed at this hotel 6-10 times over the past several years. Although the property is dated and somewhat shabby, the rooms are spacious, the facility has a pet-friendly policy, and the location is convenient. My last stay, however, was a huge disappointment. The hotel is clearly in decline, both in facility and service.
Sounds from other rooms, especially footsteps from above, have always been a problem at this hotel. On my last visit, however, this was the least of my concerns. My room was never serviced in the course of a three-day weekend. When I complained to the desk, I was told, "We're an extended stay facility. We don't clean the rooms daily." Later, someone else at the front desk confirmed that this is untrue, as I already knew. In addition, amenities were not working properly, including the tv remote (inoperable) and room card key (worked occasionally, and only with repeated attempts). Complaints to the front desk were either ignored or inadequately addressed. I was given a $10 discount on my room rate, I assumed per night, but when I received my bill, the discount was a total of $10. Another call to the front desk resulted in an additional $10 discount. Even so, I consider this minimal compensation for the inconveniences.
I will not stay in this hotel again. The shabby facility, lack of service, poor response from the management, and problematic amenities far outweigh the good location and spacious rooms. A major renovation of both the facility and attitude of the staff is needed to live up to the Marriott name.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just minutes away from Wake Forest University, WSSU, and downtown Winston-Salem, the Residence Inn Winston-Salem hotel’s also near local businesses like Hanes Brands, AON, Reynolds American, Pepsi, and BB&T. Our Winston-Salem Marriott hotel’s suites offer a fully equipped kitchen as well as spacious living and sleeping areas, which include our new luxurious bedding that will rival the coziness of your own bed. Start your day with our complimentary hot buffet breakfast in our Winston-Salem hotel’s gatehouse. Also located in our Residence Inn Winston-Salem gatehouse are our meeting room, fitness center, and business center. Have your own computer? Our Winston-Salem Marriott provides free wireless Internet throughout the hotel. Take advantage of our Winston-Salem hotel’s pool, heated spa, sport court, and complimentary use of the local YMCA to melt tensions away. End your day with our Residence Inn Winston-Salem Marriott complimentary evening social or a late night snack from our market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Winston-Salem University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Winston-Salem Hotel Winston Salem
- Winston Salem Residence Inn