My family and I arrived at this hotel on our way to the girls Deep South Basketball tournament by way of Michigan. To our surprise, this hotel is located just a few miles away from Wake Forest. The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was very pleasant. I had more interaction with the friendly staff at the front desk and "The Breakfast Ladies". The breakfast was absolutely AMAZING! My daughter is on a travel basketball team, so we are on the road every other weekend to NC, Chicago, TN, OH, and more from Mar-Jul and we even have a trip to Vegas to play. We KNOW hotels! This place has an outdoor rim that we were able to use just to get some shots up. The weight room was a little small but, we were able to accomplish what we needed to. Some things I did NOT like were the fact that Yellow-jacket bees were EVERYWHERE!!! And the sofa bed was horrid! We usually sleep with my husband and I in the bed and 2 on the sofa bed if we have a single room. This time, three people slept in the bed. I am 6'2, my husband is 6'3 and my daughter is 6'4. My other daughter opted to take one for the team and sleep on the dreadful sofa bed. All in all, GREAT stay and MAJOR KUDOS TO THE BREAKFAST LADIES: THERESA, WANDA AND BETTY! Belgian Waffles with strawberries/blueberries and whip cream, excellent turkey sausage and eggs, red potatoes, parfaits, and much much more!!! Enjoy your stay! There are probably some spelling and grammar mistakes, which i apologize for. We just left breakfast and are now packing to make our way to Raleigh! Wish us luck!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just minutes away from Wake Forest University, WSSU, and downtown Winston-Salem, the Residence Inn Winston-Salem hotel’s also near local businesses like Hanes Brands, AON, Reynolds American, Pepsi, and BB&T. Our Winston-Salem Marriott hotel’s suites offer a fully equipped kitchen as well as spacious living and sleeping areas, which include our new luxurious bedding that will rival the coziness of your own bed. Start your day with our complimentary hot buffet breakfast in our Winston-Salem hotel’s gatehouse. Also located in our Residence Inn Winston-Salem gatehouse are our meeting room, fitness center, and business center. Have your own computer? Our Winston-Salem Marriott provides free wireless Internet throughout the hotel. Take advantage of our Winston-Salem hotel’s pool, heated spa, sport court, and complimentary use of the local YMCA to melt tensions away. End your day with our Residence Inn Winston-Salem Marriott complimentary evening social or a late night snack from our market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Winston-Salem University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Winston-Salem Hotel Winston Salem
- Winston Salem Residence Inn