“Terrific housekeepers”

Residence Inn Winston-Salem University Area
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Araceli and Brenda always do a wonderful job not just cleaning my room but making my kitty, Rambo, feel welcome as well. Being in a strange place away from his other cats at home, I know he appreciates their attention. Whenever they enter or leave my room they are very cautious Rambo doesn't venture outside; a definite concern of mine.
Always friendly and pleasant Araceli and Brenda are a real asset to the hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Caroline B

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed her for our first travel soccer tournament and could not have been more pleased. The reservations were exactly what we reserved. The hotel worked with our group to give us a reasonable rate for our group. The breakfast was one of the best that we have had included in a hotel. Hot food (eggs, bacon, sausage, gravy, waffles, etc.) The ladies that work in the breakfast area go out of their way to be helpful and keep the area well stocked. I would highly recommend this hotel for others and plan to stay there again when back in the area. The beds were comfortable, the room clean. Good location with several nice restaurants and fast food as well nearby. Front desk staff were very nice and helpful as well.

Room Tip: We had and upstairs two bedroom unit. If you have knee problems, you should request a ground floor...
1  Thank WVFamilyBluefield
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My family and I arrived at this hotel on our way to the girls Deep South Basketball tournament by way of Michigan. To our surprise, this hotel is located just a few miles away from Wake Forest. The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was very pleasant. I had more interaction with the friendly staff at the front desk and "The Breakfast Ladies". The breakfast was absolutely AMAZING! My daughter is on a travel basketball team, so we are on the road every other weekend to NC, Chicago, TN, OH, and more from Mar-Jul and we even have a trip to Vegas to play. We KNOW hotels! This place has an outdoor rim that we were able to use just to get some shots up. The weight room was a little small but, we were able to accomplish what we needed to. Some things I did NOT like were the fact that Yellow-jacket bees were EVERYWHERE!!! And the sofa bed was horrid! We usually sleep with my husband and I in the bed and 2 on the sofa bed if we have a single room. This time, three people slept in the bed. I am 6'2, my husband is 6'3 and my daughter is 6'4. My other daughter opted to take one for the team and sleep on the dreadful sofa bed. All in all, GREAT stay and MAJOR KUDOS TO THE BREAKFAST LADIES: THERESA, WANDA AND BETTY! Belgian Waffles with strawberries/blueberries and whip cream, excellent turkey sausage and eggs, red potatoes, parfaits, and much much more!!! Enjoy your stay! There are probably some spelling and grammar mistakes, which i apologize for. We just left breakfast and are now packing to make our way to Raleigh! Wish us luck!

1  Thank Tylar B
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We traveled to WS for a special Easter Weekend at Olde Salem, God's Acre and Home Church. Everything at Residence Inn was wonderful. The only problem I noticed, being a hotel employee myself, was our keys expired after one day of a two day stay. We were not asked for positive ID upon reissuing our new keys. This was not a big issue and everything else was excellent. The Breakfast Ladies, Ms Wanda, Ms Theresa and Ms Betty, were truly special. Their upbeat positive service always started out our day perfectly. Thank you for a wonderful and memorable stay. I look forward to our next stay. Thank you.

1  Thank Lowrey F
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn to attend the Moravian Easter Great Sabbath and Sunrise service in Old Salem. The room was clean and accommodating as one would expect but what made the stay most memorable was the genuine welcome and accommodation from "The Breakfast Ladies", Ms Wanda, Ms Theresa, & Ms Betty. From the moment we went upstairs to the breakfast area and were greeted enthusiastically. We were encouraged to enjoy a substantial breakfast including Ms Betty's home made biscuits and sausage gravy. Ms Wanda offered to make the waffles and bring them to the table and stopped by throughout breakfast to ask if we needed anything. Ms. Theresa made sure no one was neglected as the room filled up. Overall a great example of personal hospitality.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

2nd Great trip here. Staff great. Breakfast with Betty an Wanda. Was Excellent. I highly recommend .A must stay.A friendly atmosphere. House keeping speaks while getting out of car. They go the extra mile. I will come back.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for just one night while in the area for business. I was by myself and didn't need a large room with kitchen but I wanted to see what the Trip Advisor #1 rated hotel in Winston-Salem looked like. Very nice, as it turns out.

The rooms are in two story buildings arranged on the property like an apartment complex. In the center is a small "sports court" like a small tennis court, for basketball or badminton. A pool is nearby, behind the lobby building. Thk

My room was basically a spacious studio with a full kitchen. I could easily see using it for a long term stay.

A free full breakfast with a hot buffet is served in the main building. The room isn't large but seating capacity seemed to be fine. A real feature of the meal were the ladies who greeted the guests, kept the buffet stocked, and cleaned up. They were very friendly and I saw several guests converse with them as if they were old friends. I could easily see how this hotel could be a home away from home.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business