“Excellent Stay All Around!”

Residence Inn Winston-Salem University Area
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My family of four stayed here just one night while visiting Wake Forest. From the moment we walked into the lobby late on rainy night, to leaving few crumbs at breakfast, the staff made us feel welcomed and happy to be there. DeCarlos at the front desk was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable getting us settled and with directions; the breakfast ladies crew of Miss Wanda, Miss Theresa and Miss Betty were the real deal - warm, caring, and serving up an amazing breakfast. Our room was spotless, tastefully decorated, plenty of kitchen items to tide us over until breakfast! :) We wished the rain had let up to play with the various outdoor games, but it didn't...

1  Thank Michele_M90
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Winston-Salem University Area

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here one weekend just to get a night out away from home and we were very pleased. The service was excellent and the room was very clean. The breakfast was very good for a hotel meal. Location was in a quiet area away from the highway and main roads.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pjkiss
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We were traveling to Myrtle Beach and needed a half way point for our stopover. What initially made me choose this property was that for an extremely reasonable price i could accomodate my husband, parents and son in a spacious 2 bedroom 2 bath loft so that everyone had "their space" ~ the room was perfect and did not disappoint!

What i did not expect was meeting the "breakfast room ladies- Miss Theresa- Miss Wanda and Miss Betty! I can tell you that not only do they serve a mean and hearty breakfast - they serve YOU! They are quick to assist with making a waffle, refreshing your eggs and more important sharing a smile, story or piece of wisdom. THEY REALLY MAKE THIS PLACE WORTH STAYING AT! ( somebody tell Marriott that these ladies are bringing them the business )!! Hello Mr. marriott- feature these ladies on your website and for Goodnes sake GIVE THEM A RAISE- they represent you well!

(Note: every member of the staff that we met at this property were sweet and helpful! A special shout to the front desk gentleman who has learned how to manage the morning shift and still remember his wedding ring)!

My mom spent so much time talking to the ladies i thought she would invite them home with us! We enjoyed their hospitality sooo much that we altered our plans for our return stopover point and came back to stay at this property so that we could visit with the "ladies" again!!

I took a picture of my mom with the ladies- hopefully i can attach it here. If not i will attach it to a separate review ( i promised the ladies)!!!

Bottom line: if you need a great place to stay with an awesome atmosphere- swimming- bball- close to really cool things ( we went to the imax 3d theatre) plus a FABULOUS breakfast with The Ladies- this is your place!! YWJ and crew from Boston/pittsburgh

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Beaches4days
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Araceli and Brenda always do a wonderful job not just cleaning my room but making my kitty, Rambo, feel welcome as well. Being in a strange place away from his other cats at home, I know he appreciates their attention. Whenever they enter or leave my room they are very cautious Rambo doesn't venture outside; a definite concern of mine.
Always friendly and pleasant Araceli and Brenda are a real asset to the hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Caroline B
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed her for our first travel soccer tournament and could not have been more pleased. The reservations were exactly what we reserved. The hotel worked with our group to give us a reasonable rate for our group. The breakfast was one of the best that we have had included in a hotel. Hot food (eggs, bacon, sausage, gravy, waffles, etc.) The ladies that work in the breakfast area go out of their way to be helpful and keep the area well stocked. I would highly recommend this hotel for others and plan to stay there again when back in the area. The beds were comfortable, the room clean. Good location with several nice restaurants and fast food as well nearby. Front desk staff were very nice and helpful as well.

Room Tip: We had and upstairs two bedroom unit. If you have knee problems, you should request a ground floor...
1  Thank WVFamilyBluefield
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My family and I arrived at this hotel on our way to the girls Deep South Basketball tournament by way of Michigan. To our surprise, this hotel is located just a few miles away from Wake Forest. The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was very pleasant. I had more interaction with the friendly staff at the front desk and "The Breakfast Ladies". The breakfast was absolutely AMAZING! My daughter is on a travel basketball team, so we are on the road every other weekend to NC, Chicago, TN, OH, and more from Mar-Jul and we even have a trip to Vegas to play. We KNOW hotels! This place has an outdoor rim that we were able to use just to get some shots up. The weight room was a little small but, we were able to accomplish what we needed to. Some things I did NOT like were the fact that Yellow-jacket bees were EVERYWHERE!!! And the sofa bed was horrid! We usually sleep with my husband and I in the bed and 2 on the sofa bed if we have a single room. This time, three people slept in the bed. I am 6'2, my husband is 6'3 and my daughter is 6'4. My other daughter opted to take one for the team and sleep on the dreadful sofa bed. All in all, GREAT stay and MAJOR KUDOS TO THE BREAKFAST LADIES: THERESA, WANDA AND BETTY! Belgian Waffles with strawberries/blueberries and whip cream, excellent turkey sausage and eggs, red potatoes, parfaits, and much much more!!! Enjoy your stay! There are probably some spelling and grammar mistakes, which i apologize for. We just left breakfast and are now packing to make our way to Raleigh! Wish us luck!

1  Thank Tylar B
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We traveled to WS for a special Easter Weekend at Olde Salem, God's Acre and Home Church. Everything at Residence Inn was wonderful. The only problem I noticed, being a hotel employee myself, was our keys expired after one day of a two day stay. We were not asked for positive ID upon reissuing our new keys. This was not a big issue and everything else was excellent. The Breakfast Ladies, Ms Wanda, Ms Theresa and Ms Betty, were truly special. Their upbeat positive service always started out our day perfectly. Thank you for a wonderful and memorable stay. I look forward to our next stay. Thank you.

1  Thank Lowrey F