“Great Stay!”

Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Winston Salem
Irvine, California
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at this Residence Inn somewhere around 1990. I lived in Winston-Salem from 2001-2006 and would pass it a lot. A recent visit to W/S, to surprise my 92 year old grandmother for Mother's Day, brought me and my family back. I needed something with space and privacy and I immediately thought of the RI. Even though this is an older property, it has been kept up very well. Everything (appliances, furniture, etc) were fairly new and it was spic and span clean. We stayed in a 2br 2ba penthouse suite. I really like the condo/townhouse look and feel of the community. It was cozy, we had the space that we needed and I had a full kitchen, fully equipped with everything that I needed to prepare a feast for 25 people.

The front desk manager was very friendly. I will definitely be staying here when my travels bring me back to Winston-Salem.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sara J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed for a quick work trip. We were pleasantly surprised with the social hour and Cynthia was an awesome hostess! The Breakfast Ladies Theresa, Wanda, and Betty were fabulous! Do not miss the breakfast. It is worth getting out of bed! Rooms we're clean and spacious.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Reidsville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Would highly recommend this Residence Inn. The staff was friendly, warm and most helpful. The breakfast was generous and varied. The "breakfast ladies" were awesome! This hotel is very near restaurants and the universities. Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

My family of four stayed here just one night while visiting Wake Forest. From the moment we walked into the lobby late on rainy night, to leaving few crumbs at breakfast, the staff made us feel welcomed and happy to be there. DeCarlos at the front desk was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable getting us settled and with directions; the breakfast ladies crew of Miss Wanda, Miss Theresa and Miss Betty were the real deal - warm, caring, and serving up an amazing breakfast. Our room was spotless, tastefully decorated, plenty of kitchen items to tide us over until breakfast! :) We wished the rain had let up to play with the various outdoor games, but it didn't...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michele_M90
Thomasville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here one weekend just to get a night out away from home and we were very pleased. The service was excellent and the room was very clean. The breakfast was very good for a hotel meal. Location was in a quiet area away from the highway and main roads.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pjkiss
Westborough, Massachusetts, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We were traveling to Myrtle Beach and needed a half way point for our stopover. What initially made me choose this property was that for an extremely reasonable price i could accomodate my husband, parents and son in a spacious 2 bedroom 2 bath loft so that everyone had "their space" ~ the room was perfect and did not disappoint!

What i did not expect was meeting the "breakfast room ladies- Miss Theresa- Miss Wanda and Miss Betty! I can tell you that not only do they serve a mean and hearty breakfast - they serve YOU! They are quick to assist with making a waffle, refreshing your eggs and more important sharing a smile, story or piece of wisdom. THEY REALLY MAKE THIS PLACE WORTH STAYING AT! ( somebody tell Marriott that these ladies are bringing them the business )!! Hello Mr. marriott- feature these ladies on your website and for Goodnes sake GIVE THEM A RAISE- they represent you well!

(Note: every member of the staff that we met at this property were sweet and helpful! A special shout to the front desk gentleman who has learned how to manage the morning shift and still remember his wedding ring)!

My mom spent so much time talking to the ladies i thought she would invite them home with us! We enjoyed their hospitality sooo much that we altered our plans for our return stopover point and came back to stay at this property so that we could visit with the "ladies" again!!

I took a picture of my mom with the ladies- hopefully i can attach it here. If not i will attach it to a separate review ( i promised the ladies)!!!

Bottom line: if you need a great place to stay with an awesome atmosphere- swimming- bball- close to really cool things ( we went to the imax 3d theatre) plus a FABULOUS breakfast with The Ladies- this is your place!! YWJ and crew from Boston/pittsburgh

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Beaches4days
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Araceli and Brenda always do a wonderful job not just cleaning my room but making my kitty, Rambo, feel welcome as well. Being in a strange place away from his other cats at home, I know he appreciates their attention. Whenever they enter or leave my room they are very cautious Rambo doesn't venture outside; a definite concern of mine.
Always friendly and pleasant Araceli and Brenda are a real asset to the hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business