“Excellent Customer Service”

Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd.
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Extended Stay America in Winston Salem, NC is an outstanding value for the money. It is all one needs for a comfortable, relaxing and economical stay. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The free breakfast and coffee is simple and plain, but very good. The coffee is very good.

Room Tip: All rooms in my experience are good.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
WSH0370, Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

The location was very convenient to shopping at Hanes Mall and nearby stores. And there are some excellent restaurants close by as well which almost made up for the room. Not that it was that bad, just disappointing. I expected a bigger room for some reason, but it did have a kitchenette area for cooking or heating leftovers plus a dining table as well. But the bathroom and sleeping area felt a little cramped. Service was fine and they did have a laundry room for guest's use. But like some other reviews mentioned, there just something about thte building that's a turnoff. It just seems dingy and dirty no matter what.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
WSH0370, Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience here at our property. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest that walks through our doors, which is why we value the honest feedback from our guests. We strive to provide a “home away from home” experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. Again, I would like to thank you for you honest feedback so we can focus our efforts where they are needed.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

I really liked the service given to me here at the extended stay. Lisa, especially, is very nice and will make sure your stay is enjoyable. I was able to sleep well, and the TV is better than expected, although the channel lineup isn't that great. The kitchenette is everything you need when you need to stay here for quite a long time. Here is the bad thing...the first few days of my stay, I received a lot of bug bites. I did let them know and they took care of it right away. After that, I did not get anymore bites. If it wasn't for the pleasant service, this rating would have been lower. I was on a budget and this was the best deal I got at the time.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Jamie B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

"I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

In response to your comments about the pests, we have inspected all rooms and completed any necessary services to ensure that we don't have a repeat of your particular incident in the future. I can assure you that we will continue to maintain strict quality control measures, and would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I was booked here by my company and ended up paying the difference out of pocket to stay somewhere (actually anywhere) else. I can't fault the dirty room since lack of maid service is part of the ESA concept but this place was literally falling apart. Stairwells roped off with caution tape, vending machines that had been attacked with chisels, DOA microwave, frazzled carpeting and bedding and in the bathroom what seemed to be actual spots of blood on the walls. Add indifferent management and this amounts to the most ghetto motel I've had the misfortune to stay in.

Room Tip: I'd heard that some of the ground floor rooms had been 'renovated' but in the case of th...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank UtahMarty
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd.. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

I checked in today. Our normal place was booked. So far I have removed 3 bugs. One was on the stained curtains (spider), one was flying over my head (mosquito) when I laid on the bed, and one (beatle looking) from the conforter. The carpets are horribly stained and there are cobwebs in the lampshades. In order to give my 2yr old son a bath, I had to clean the tub first- removing 5 black hairs. When I went to dry him off, there was a long black hair on the towel. The blanket has tons of stains and some kind of gunk stuck on it, maybe gum? The coffee pot is gross, good thing I don't drink coffee. We were told when we checked in we wouldn't have housekeeping. There is a note in the bathroom stateing you only get housekeeping if you stay 7 days or longer, and then it's only once a week. The airconditioning unit has food in the vents. The walls have yellow drip stains (looks like nicotine stains).
Also, you do get free Wii Fi, but be prepared it's only one bar. When you type in the password, they ask you to pay more if you want faster/better conection.
I did read just now on their webcites that they have "stylish" rooms you can pay more for, Maybe that's where the good removes come from.
I gave this place 2 stars because how cheap is was, but it's true- you get what you pay for.
Also, be aware there is no elevator. You have to carry your lugage up stairs.

Room Tip: bring your own bedding, I wouldn't sleep on these.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd.. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Third world accomodations! The reservation was made for a work-related trip. The first room we were given was NASTY. We were offered to change rooms and went to inspect another room. It was OCCUPIED! The manager stated, "The computer says it's empty." Did she expect us to share? The third room at least had clean bed linens. The dishes (ALL of them) were greasy and had dried bits of food on them. The bathroom looked clean but smelled faintly of urine. We spent one night but everyone in our group staying here complained about the filthy environment. We all were transferred downtown to a much, much nicer inn. The person responsible for making this reservation has had an educational experience! We probably have stayed at worse, but it was not in the USA.

Room Tip: Don't unpack until you open up the bed and check the mattress pad, sheets and blanket./spread.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Leona S

Reviewed 27 September 2011

If you want a great room at a great price and want to feel like you area at home then you gotta go here. melissa will greet you like you are an old friend or family member and be more helpful than i can express. the place is great. i travel extensively and have stayed at a lot of motels and this one tops the mall. the location is perfect. there is easy access to I-40, you are within walking distance of the mall..every kind of restaurant you could possibly want..speciality shoppes..pharmacys. you name it and it is right there. give it a try and say hello to melissa for me. safe travels to you all.

Room Tip: no tip needed.. they have nothing but good rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo