“Very nice hotel...”

Gastonia, North Carolina
“Very nice hotel...”
Reviewed 28 July 2010

I have stayed here on several occasions - I can say the following :
- rooms are nice and clean
- staff is very professional and friendly
- Manager's reception is always nice
- i will definitely be back

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
OwenC2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem Downtown West, responded to this review, 9 August 2010
Thank you for your kind comments, and mostly, thank you for the business and referrals you bring to our hotel. With our hotel being in a prime location with over 14 restaurants, and great shops to walk to, along with great local negotiated rates, your business can't go wrong!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Adel
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Rooms are newly refurbished and set up nice for executives and families. The bath room is plenty spacious with lots of counter space, mirror and lighting. Shower is roomy also. Location is good with resturants easy walking distance. Been staying here two to three times a month for nine years.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I stay at this hotel 3-4 times a month for business. Convenient location, interstate accessibility. Great Restaurants and shopping near by. Friendly Staff, and great rates.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
OwenC2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem Downtown West, responded to this review, 19 July 2010
Thank you for your kind words and your repeat business to our hotel, and to Winston Salem. We are striving hard to be competitive in our city, and feel we have both excellent product and best service staff in the city. We do offer competitive local negotiated rates, along with a shuttle that can take you within 2 miles of your business, you cant go wrong, so why not Stay Smart at Holiday Inn Express Downtown West Winston Salem
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I travel to Winston-Salem several times a month and usually stay where my business associates stay. Last month I tried the Holiday Inn Express Downtown West and I am so glad I did. The rooms were gorgeous, breakfast was delicious and the staff was outstanding. The General Manager, Chris, went above and beyond with helpful tips on how I could stay on track like I did at home. He helped me with directions to a nearby walking trail and even gave me some coupons for Whole Foods, which was right across the street. From now on, when I am in Winston-Salem, I will only stay at the Holiday Inn Express Downtown West!

Thanks for an awesome stay....see you soon!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 29 April 2010

My 13 yr old son and I stayed there and the staff was fabulous. My son is a little on the shy side but almost the whole front desk staff had him talking by our 2nd day there. He especially loved the breakfast, pool, the little snack shop and, business center. Very convenient walking distance to resteraunts and stores. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. I have stayed in and worked for quite a few different brand hotels and I think this was one of the nicer ones. We went up there to visit family and friends and when we go again we will be staying there.
Sorry for the delay on this review but, I only just found out about this site from a friend.

Marie Owen

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank winroo
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 April 2010

Two friends and I stayed at this hotel in March for the Joyce Meyer conference. The manager and staff were great. Our room was very clean and everything seemed new. We felt very safe staying here. The fridge in the room is a nice touch. Breakfast was great too! We will definitely stay here again when in town.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Palmtreekl
Cramerton, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 April 2010

I stayed at this location last month, as my husband was in an unexpected car accident. The hospital recomended my family stay here, as they had a medical rate, and it was conveniently located with a shuttle to the hospital. I am from a small town, and was quite nervous about traveling somewhere I have never been..The staff gave me great directions, helped me with my luggage, and had the best reception for the guests.They had homemade lasagna Wed night, complimentary!!! .They were so kind to m family, very sypathedic, and a great listening ear..Special thanks to Chris Owen, and Bernie, they were so friendly in the morning, and always took care of us during our family crisis. We were here for 10 days.. I consider them my second family now

Thanks again

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Christopher7707
OwenC2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem Downtown West, responded to this review, 20 April 2010
Leigh,

Thank you for your kind comments, and I am glad your Husband is better and your quality of life as your used to has returned.. We at this hotel take pride in building relationships, and then keeping them...

I am glad you all enjoyed our services, and took advantage of our free shuttle service..We offer a lot here, and many wonderful amenties close by..Thanks again,

Chris Owen