“Ginsing roll is interesting”

Sakura Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Ranked #254 of 659 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Sakura offers Superb Sushi, Incredible Japanese Cuisine in a Relaxed Atmosphere. Wonderful outside seating in our patio, a sushi bar to be entertained by our Sushi Chef's. Call ahead to for take out orders and conveniently pick up at our drive up window. Rated the best Sushi in Winston, we are sure to please! Located on S. Stratford Road between Party City and George Walker Florest - easy to find and ample parking
“Ginsing roll is interesting”
Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

I have eaten sushi around the world and except for the Ginsing Roll, the sushi was not very good. The atmosphere was very loud...could have been the baby crying though. I will not go back.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Yum!”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I went to Sakura with a colleague for lunch one day not really knowing what to expect, and wow, was I pleasantly surprised! I ordered the Hibachi Chicken and it was *absolutely* delicious! The side of veggies that came with the meal were also amazing. I'm not a huge veggie person, but I ate every last bite on my plate! (My dad would be so proud!) The service was also top notch.
We'll definitely be back!

• Visited May 2012
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Awesome Food!”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We have been coming to Sakura for at least three years - Sushi? Scrumptious! Teriyaki or Hibachi? Delicious! Everything we order tastes so fresh - Our favorite Sushi Roll is Wake Forest Roll and the ANgels & Demons, and love their combination Chicken & Steak from Hibachi. We love to sit out on the patio in the Spring, Summer & Fall, sip some sake or wine and enjoy our meal. Servers are the best, always a smile & laugh as are the Sushi Chef's that greet us when we arrive. One of our favorite restaurants in Winston, and if we're eating Sushi, this is the only place we will go - THE BEST!

• Visited June 2012
Trussville, Alabama
“Delicious Fresh Japanese & Very Reasonable”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We visited here tonight on our way to another restaurant and got misdirected and found Sakura. It is a nice, casual atmosphere and we ate on the patio. The service was very attentive. Hubby and I had the special which was an amazing value. The special was 2 for $20 and you got miso soup, salad, appetizer (your choice of about 4, choose 1) and your choice of entre': beer battered tilapia, hibachi steak, teryaki chicken and one or two others (can't remember) and the entre came with sauteed fresh veggie (brocolli or zuchinni) and delicious cooked carrots and steamed rice. We chose the fish and the chicken and for the appetizer, we chose the Japanese egg roll. It was an little untraditional roll, not exactly like an egg roll but more of a gourmet appetizer with a sweet dipping sauce. Our 14 yr old son had just the entre of chicken teryaki and it came with steamed rice, carrots and sauteed zuchinni. He loved it.

They also have a sushi bar and serve bento boxes which are also very reasonably priced and udon and sobe noodle bowls.

I don't know how you can get a better fresh, delicious, and healthy for this price anywhere than home. Our Irish luck was smiling on us again!

• Visited March 2012
Winston-Salem, NC
“Great food”
Reviewed 4 March 2011

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Winston-Salem. Love the Shrimp Lovers Roll and the Wake Forest Roll.

Visited February 2011