“Second class citizen”

Price range: US$13 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2013

This resturant is horrible. We were treated as second class citizens the entire night despite the fact that we were seated first and had reservations. If you are a white American BEWARE! These people had NO RESPECT!!!!!! took my cake down the table to the other customer of color and they had to tell them twice that the cake was mine not theirs.. you think these wait people would have enough gray matter to approach the table and ask to the whom the cake belongs. NOT THESE Disrespectful idiots. The food was not cooked as ordered. Rare steak does NOT mean cold!!!!!
These people ruined my birthday. PLease eat some place that does not cater to peoples's color and ethnic background. But when it came time to pay the bill, we had to pay as first class citizens. This place is horrible and I will pass what happened to me along.

3  Thank Jack T

Reviewed 11 December 2012

It is a very good Japanese place to eat. We always get steak and chicken. But last time they were running a special and we got shrimp also. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

this place a "C" rating.... please don't go & make yourself sick! there are many more Japanese restaurants to choose from in the area that are clean and have good food!

2  Thank SBgal_xo
Reviewed 9 June 2012 via mobile

If you plan on talking to a few people at the table, don't get your hopes up. Make sure you don't order a bottle of wine because I had to explain to the weight staff how to split a bottle of wine. They told me they couldn't. I worked on Micros 18 years ago & you could share items. The waitress was new but had a good personality & did a quality job for only sound this for two weeks. The chef was great! Get a wonderful personality and kept us entertained.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Kanpai is overall very good. The restaurant is clean and the chefs are usually very pleasant and prepare the food exactly as you have requested. As with all japanese-style restaurants, the amount of food for the entrees is excessive (and therefore it's pricey). The price is the primary reason why I don't visit more often, but it's still a great restaurant.

Been to Kanpai? Share your experiences!