Winston-Salem Marriott
US$241
US$123
US$117
US$101
La Quinta Inn & Suites Winston-Salem(Winston Salem)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$114
Hotels.com
Best Western Plus Hanes Mall Hotel(Winston Salem)(Great Value!)
US$89
BestWestern.com
US$127
US$112
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe concierge loungegraze restaurantconvention centerself parkingcherry streetvalet servicein house restaurantheart of downtownwithin walking distancehotel staffwould stay here againnorth carolinafront desk staffwould highly recommend this hotelmini fridgebeds were comfortablebusiness trip
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I stayed at the hotel with a bunch of college friends, so to have a bed was a great thing. The hotel is located right in the heart of the city, and is located next to cheap parking. Although I didn't go in the pool, I was told it was only four feet deep (although, it is also located on the third floor). When I walked in the room, I noticed that it was very cool (although, I have noticed keeping rooms between 66-68 in the state), and this might have been to hide the fact that the room was extremely damp (although, it could have just been a broken air conditioning unit). Other than that, it is very business-oriented, and I would recommend this to anyone who would be planning on conducting a conference there.

Room Tip: It's 18 stories (one of the tallest buildings in the city), so the higher you are, the better your view will be.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Jen P, General Manager at Winston-Salem Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

The Winston-Salem Marriott does have a great view from the top rooms overlooking Pilot Mountain and Wake Chapel or a nice city view of the BB&T building, Wells Fargo and RJR. We appreciate your comments about the halls being too cold and have made corrections to make it more comfortable. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

This nice Marriott is in the heart of Winston-Salem's downtown, across the street from the convention center. It's a newer building in great condition with a terrific staff. I would absolutely stay here again--in fact, it'll be hard to get me to stay anywhere else in this area.

We had some iffy travel connections, and I got two emails from hotel staff before I arrived assuring me that the reservation would be good. How often does that happen?

Room Tip: Rooms face north and south. Downtown views are south.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank lesuerg

Our Winston-Salem Marriott takes pride in our southern hospitality and we will celebrate with our team the wonderful compliment you made about them. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Lovely accommodations. Very handy to downtown activity. We walked a few blocks to a free
concert last night, which was very pleasant and I'm NOT a walker! Very nice staff with helpful suggestions when asked.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sleekcheetah

Winston-Salem Marriott is right next to the arts district where music on trade is located. It’s one of my favorites too; so glad you were here to see it. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Upon arrival we were happy to find the hotel to be centrally located and the staff to be very friendly and for the most part helpful. We also met our first peeve, the lobby.
While clean and large the space is simply frigid. I mean freezer, teeth chattering cold!
I understand the necessity of AC in North Carolina in the summer but this was ridiculous bordering on thermal shock...

A few lamp shades over the sconces in the hallway near my room had been bashed in and never re-shaped which is something you don't want to see as you check-in to this kind of hotel because it is a tell tale sign of a lack of attention to detail from the managerial staff and unfortunately they proved me right.

The room was comfortable but not worth it's 100+ dollar price tag. When I pay this kind of money I expect to find a pristine room and this was not the case. The AC vent was ajar because a screw had loosened exposing an unclean system full of lint.
The desk chair was tearing at the seems and most importantly the bathroom had fingerprints all over the surfaces and wet hairs from the previous guest stuck to the ceiling and the back of the bathroom door.
When I informed housekeeping of the situation they assured me they would rectify the situation immediately... Three phone calls later on my part and the situation was never corrected. I even received a fourth call from Customer Service to make sure the work had been done, when I told them it had not they also promised to follow up... They never did.

Overall it must be said this was an ok and for the most part pleasant stay.
However and from a business traveller's stand point this hotel may have once been a quality destination but if this particular Marriott continues on this slope the only thing left approaching quality will be the prices of the rooms. Which are not worth what is offered anymore.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank landseair26

Our Winston-Salem Marriott is known for its attention to detail and southern hospitality. Based on the comments you shared, we failed to provide that experience for you. We have shared the comments with the staff and improved the room you stayed in the same day you shared them with us. Again I am so sorry we did not make a good impression. It’s not what we are about and nor do we normally hear or see the problems you encountered. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please call me at 336-725-3500.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I travel a lot for business and this hotel was very nice. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. I needed a ride back to the airport and they arranged a car service which was at least $15 less expensive than a cab ride. Great location to everything downtown.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Jen P, General Manager at Winston-Salem Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Our Winston-Salem Marriott is in the center of it all downtown and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you the next time you are in town.