“Nice Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Very nice, will definitely stay there again. The pool was very nice and they had a nice patio. The employee's was very nice and helpfull. Great location, close to everything. The price was very good and the room was very nice. The beds slept very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

We are happy to read you think we have a good price and good beds here at the Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem. Thank you for your business and for such a great review. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed here for the National Junior olympics that was held in Greensbro NC. We LOVED it!! The staff greeted us by name the ENTIRE WEEK and asked how my daughter's races were going every day we passed by the front desk or resturaunt. By the way the food was OUTSTANING!! I loved the way the breakfast buffet was set up(made to order). We couldnt have asked for a better trip--my whole family had a GREAT time!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Knowing your whole family had a great time while staying at our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem is very important to us. Thank you for your business and for such a great review. We hope you will be able to come visit our area again soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I have stayed here before in the past and it seems to have gone down hill. The pros: Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Room and lobby looked clean. Tyrone in the kitchen should be running the place. Cons: After being in the room for a few minutes we could smell cigarette smoke and a musty smell. The shower head was facing the wall and could not move it to spray straight down. The air would only go down to 68 and the room stayed at 70 the entire time. We went down for breakfast at 10 am and was left standing for five minutes when there was more that 3/4 of the tables empty. There was two wait staff and no one talked to us. I went up to the kitchen and Tyrone without hesitation came around and got us a table and took our order. He was the only staff that seemed to care. He took very good care of us. I tipped him $10 and I'm hoping he didn't have to split with the two lazy ladies working the dinning room.

1  Thank Travelman360

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for providing us with feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel. Comments and suggestions from our guests enable us to continually improve and are vitally important in helping us achieve our Mission to be the first choice of travelers like yourself. Once again, the time taken along with the effort made to share your observations with us is most appreciated.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I am a very loyal and dedicated Hilton Diamond member for the past 15 years, and the treatment I received at this hotel was unlike any other, and it was definitely not a good one!

If you want to leave frustatred and under valued, please choose this property.

Let's start with the rude, inept and irresponsible front desk staff.

Adam, at the front desk, was extremely brash and flippant after he put me in a room that was unacceptable due to my profile request. When I went back to him, he told the hotel didn't guarantee my room type request and that if I was not happy, that I was free to go to any other hotel in the area. When I spoke to the manager, she told me that what Adam told me was not accurate.

When Adam realized how rude he was to me, he attempted to rectify the situation by issuing a snack voucher. The manager, noting how Adam had rudely behaved, in turn, apologized for his arrogant attitude and offered me a meal voucher.

Later, that evening, the British waitress, Tracy, not only took my voucher, but decided to charge the full price of the meal anyway. Did I mention she brought out what she wanted to eat and not what I ordered? She did not take responsibility for her mistake and said that the food she brought out was better than what I chose. It was a complete switch! When I asked if I could get what I had ordered, she told me that it would take another 20 minutes. Unacceptable!!

In the morning, I had to call the front desk twice before walking down to the lobby to have the meal charges taken off, especially since I had used the meal voucher.

Their WIFI network was down repeatedly over a three-day period in January. The front desk staff blamed the technical issues on the local cable carrier, so I contacted then cable carrier myself. The cable company representative laughed and stated that the front desk never called them to report the problem. I came to find out that the front desk did call to have the problem fixed but not when they told me that they had first initiated a call. Why did they have to lie about that?

I have traveled to Winston-Salem, on a monthly basis since February 2013, and, as Adam from the front desk told me to do, I have found other hotels to stay in, but I will never stay at this hotel ever again!!

You should avoid this property to save yourself from a mountain of frustration that the hotel staff at the Hilton Garden Inn in Winston-Salem will try to shovel your way as they will undoubtedly fail miserably at everything they do, thus making your stay with them one of the worst you've ever experienced.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
10  Thank Laila Z

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Again, we apologize for all of the issues and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Great accomodations! Staff is wonderful and welcoming. Hotel has MANY nice amenities (bar, restaurant, laundry, pool, fitness room, lobby fireplace). Other guests are even friendly. I highly recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Thank you for highly recommending our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem and mentioning our many nice amenities. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Our son goes to nearby Wake Forest University. It is the third time we have stayed at this hotel and love it. The staff is super friendly, the rooms are super comfortable and clean and the amenities are great.

1  Thank ludmirtravel

Thank you for being a return guest here at the Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem and your kind words regarding our staff. We hope your son has a good year at Wake Forest University and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed here for a quick visit to our college girl. The location was perfect, just down the street from her off campus apartment, and near lots of shopping and restaurants. We were greeted and waited on a the front desk very quickly and given a room on the top floor, away from noise and as we could tell, families with young children.

Our king sized bed was clean with nice linens, a note on the headboard told us that all of the linens had been cleaned just for us. The bed was comfortable, the pillows were not! The pillows are mush, all four on the bed were sub-par. I may become one of those people who travel with their own pillow! I'm so tired of mushy, yucky pillows!

The bathroom was large, with plenty of counter space, a hairdryer that came with a night light, a coffee station (yuck - too close to people drying their hair and doing whatever else in the bathroom), a large walk in shower - no tub.

The bedroom furnishings were clean, appeared new, and all in good condition. We enjoyed the small refrigerator and microwave. The large flat screen television worked well and was easy to use. The curtains allowed us to make the room as dark or light as we wanted.

Our only two issues were when the room fire alarm started beeping due to a dying battery in the middle of the first night. My husband had to reach up and pull it out of the wall and disable it, all at 3:00 A.M. We turned the unit into the front desk the next morning and the staff person thanked us for doing so and apologized for the inconvenience. I had hoped we would return to our room later that day with some kind of acknowledgement of our rude awakening in the middle of the night - a couple of bottles of water and some cookies and a note from the management would have made everything all better. Simple thing, easy enough to have done. Would have changed this review note considerably.

The second thing was that the closet door in the room makes an unbelievably awful squeak. A spook house kind of squeak. I hate when things like this get over looked. Fix it with a quick spritz of WD40, make sure housekeeping knows that these things need to be addressed. Check this, and your fire alarms, regularly, so the guests don't have to be annoyed - not to mention the people next door, across the hall, below the room, above the room, etc....

We'll be back. The positives out weigh the negatives by far. Great location, clean room, etc. I'll bring my own pillow.

Room Tip: Ask for a fourth floor room.