Baymont Inn & Suites Winston Salem
US$141
Hampton.com
US$114
US$129
Kimpton Cardinal Hotel(Winston Salem)
US$161
US$143
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmyrtle beachrefrigerator and microwavenice roomholiday innoff the highwayupon checkcomfortable bedsconvenient locationcomplimentary breakfastodorbedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this Comfort Inn on our way to Myrtle Beach for 1 night. We were given a second floor, non-smoking room. Upon arrival, the receptionist was kind and helpful; however, when we walked into our room, the overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke made my young kids and me step back out of the room. My son kept asking, "what IS that smell, Mom?" I walked down to the front desk and asked if we could have a different room, but they were sold out for the night. She offered me a spray bottle of Febreze and I used it, but it didn't help much. She said the person who cleaned our rooms is a smoker and it could be from their clothes, but I don't think the level of smell could come from an individual's clothing. Once we sprayed the room, we noticed that the window and bathroom floor were not very clean (dead bugs, etc.), but the linens and other parts appeared clean beside the smoke smell.
The pool was very crowded and there were no pool towels clean although some were brought in toward the end of our swim. The breakfast consisted of pastries, cereal, sausage biscuits that could be microwaved, hard boiled eggs, and a waffle maker. I think because the hotel was so crowded, this breakfast was a poor experience as well. The employees tried to keep it stocked, but the tables were really dirty and I felt like I had to close my eyes to the sanitation issues going on around me.
Finally, I could not sleep well due to the rowdiness in the halls; there were kids running up and down the halls and adults arguing/talking loudly throughout the night; I think the last time I was awakened was 2:00 a.m. I called the from desk at 10:30 to ask for help and it was quiet enough for us to finally fall asleep, but the noise was sporadic and loud enough to wake me up repeatedly (my kids and husband were able to sleep through a lot of it, but they were restless). I also noticed several instances of sirens and when we returned from dinner, there was a fire engine in front of the hotel and firemen coming out of the hotel. While the employees seem to work hard, this is not a place we would return to and my husband said the price was a rip off; I tend to agree. Save your money and go somewhere nicer for an extra $20.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank jenohio5
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were in town for a funeral. This hotel was nice and clean. I am very particular about the hotels we stay in when traveling and this was my first stay at a Comfort Inn. I did not have any problems from the check in to the check out. It was very nice and pleasant. My room was clean, bathroom was cleaned breakfast was good. The only issue was noise. I could clearly hear conversations outside the room. But other than that , for the price I can't complain. I have stayed in more expensive hotels and not been as pleased. Will definately stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Dirty, clogged toilet upon arrival, insufficient bath towels, slamming doors starting at 5:15AM, no housekeeping or maintenance staff available to address concerns and an unresponsive manager. Other than that, great place!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Soccerfran
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I booked this room for my mother in law and a few of hew grandkids using my reward points, after they had checked out and were on the way home ,we were told there would be an $11.00 charge for a roll away bed that i added when booking the room and wasnt informed about the cost then. not sure if i will use this one again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jim b
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed here a couple of years ago and found it to be quite nice. Now it is getting rundown, especially the public areas. Breakfast area was probably 95 degrees with neither air conditioner running and the knobs removed. I got them to open the windows so it was at least bearable. The rooms are clean and the staff was extremely helpful. Don't know if I'd stay here again, might try the Holiday Inn next door.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family