“Great Stay”

Winston Salem Hotel & Spa
Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Great staff- friendly and extermely helpful - Latricia at the front desk was always informative and did everything possible to make my stay enjoyable. I even got a ride to a play I was late for by one of the employees! Great room - clean, comfortable. I wiil defintely stay here when I come back to the Black Theatre Festival in 2013.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for taking your time and share your feedback with us. Our goal is ti meet or exceed your expectation and I am glad to hear that we achived our goal.

It means a lot to me and my staff to hear from you.
Please hurry back!

Respectfully

Mike G.
Sundance Plaza Hotel & Spa
mgpmi@aol.com

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Entire place "long of tooth" as my mother would have said. Almost too much to detail...thread-bare and faded carpet looks unclean, warm hallways with no access to air (it seemed), large spot under our room table soaked with ??? (we covered it with bath mat to soak up some during the night and next day it was only "damp" after maid clean-up), "free wifi" worked one evening out of 3 we were there, dim lighting in breakfast area gave feeling of not-so-clean restaurant, hot breakfast buffet no better than O.K. but lacking fresh fruit and waffles - plenty of fat in those biscuits and sausage gravy, sausage and bacon, though! - slow slow slow elevators (both), ice available by scooping it from Coke tub in lobby where everybody else was scooping, too (and remember - you use your hands to put a scoop down into the ice and can't avoid touching it even if you try), restaurant menu quite lacking and doesn't even read as appetizing meals, USA Today in quite limited supply (desk staff told me "they was all sucked up" when I requested one at 8 a.m.). BTW, no "good" place to eat near by (avoid next door Pizza Hut at all costs, but Subway in next block is okay in a tight). Find another area to stay and certainly another hotel!

Room Tip: If you HAVE to be there, get a top floor room. At least you don't hear feet above you.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SeeingNewSights
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Dear Guest:
First of all – thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time in writing your review. We love to hear from you, our guest, because it provides us with an opportunity to find out where we have met or exceeded your expectations and where we need to improve. Every review will be shared with the relevant staff including me, the owner and management. Your comments will be used to prepare a corrective action plan. I assure you we all listen carefully. This is the only way to reach our goal of meeting and exceeding your expectations.
For the issues and areas where we failed I am truly sorry and I apologize.
Please call me to when making arrangements for a future trip and I will make it my business to point out the corrective action we have taken.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

This hotel is working on becoming a very nice resort type. I stayed here two weeks. The room was of adequate size and clean. Air conditioner was a bit noisy. First week room was very humid and air conidtioner made floor around window a bit wet. Second week had to ask for more washcloths as there was only one. Breakfast was offered with more than usual muffin/cereal/waffle bar. Actually had hot food bar and Starbucks coffee. First week had a wide variety of muffins and bread also but was not set out for second week. Tables could use a tablecloth to cover the fact that they are not typical dining tables. While the front desk personnel are very nice and helpful the rest of the staff need some training. The main complaint I had was the fact that housekeeping DO NOT RESPECT "Do Not Disturb" signs. Both weeks was rudely awaken to housekeeping banging on door. The spa offers discounts during the week but is not open Monday.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ncmtnrose

Dear Guest:
First of all – thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time in writing your review. It feels real good when a customer tells us that we met or exceeded his / her expectation – thank you. We truly love to hear from you, our guest, because it provides us with an opportunity to find out where we have met or exceeded your expectations and where we need to improve. Every review will be shared with the relevant staff including me, the owner and management. Your comments will be used to prepare a corrective action plan. I assure you we all listen carefully. This is the only way to reach our goal.
Please call me to when making arrangements for a future trip and I will make it my business to welcome you to the Sundance.

Reviewed 2 July 2011

We stayed 3 nights the rooms were clean and comfortable and the service was great. The breakfast was great and the location was perfect. We will come back again and we would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest:

It means a lot to me and my staff to hear from you.
Please hurry back!

Respectfully

Mike G.
Sundance Plaza Hotel & Spa
mgpmi@aol.com

Reviewed 16 June 2011

This hotel is great. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. A very relaxed and calm atmosphere. The breakfast was far better than most hotels with a complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 April 2011

I am baffled by this hotel...it's website is completely misleading. Sundance is a Clarion Hotel and they state that they are a "boutique hotel in the heart of Winston Salem" - I did not see any signs of it being in the heart of anything and in fact, drove right by it. The neighborhood was iffy and I opted to walk my dog around the building and parking lot instead of venturing out. There are so many false claims on their website that my review became excruciatingly long so I deleted most of it and will keep it brief: pool was closed, spa looked like a small hair salon (I did not visit it), "restaurant" was a joke...it was empty and although my room had an extensive menu stating a chef team that flew in fresh seafood daily, there was actually NO menu but for a white marker board in the lobby with 1 soup, 2 mains and a dessert (and then I had to take my dinner - tray and all - through the hotel to my room). The rate of $109 was terribly expensive for what this hotel is, even though there is a free breakfast (which I did not take advantage of), free parking and nice, friendly staff. The hotel and every part of it that I saw was terribly dated, including my room and washroom on the first floor (I didn't even shower in it), the toilet was near to overflow each time I used it. The appliances in the room were very old (the microwave even had dials!). I woke up extra early just to get back on the road. Totally disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank LeisureLadyJ

Dear Guest:
For the issues and areas where we failed I am truly sorry and I apologize.

Reviewed 23 December 2010

I stayed at the Sundance Plaza Hotel on a busniess trip with my colleagues last week. We were all impressed by the super friendly service and value at this property. I throughly enjoyed the complimentary breakfast (I had a made to order bacon and a huge omelet with a fresh cup of OJ and Starbucks Coffee). My colleague enjoyed the Spa on the property and recieved a massage while we ate breakfast. It is a beautiful property across from Wake Forest University. I enjoyed my quite rest on the fourth floor of this property and their pool is huge.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business