So, of course when booking the hotel I was suckered in by some of the pictures and the name. Unfortunately, I had not looked at this site first for reviews, which I will be sure to do next time. I just needed a room for one night for my husband, myself and my mom. So, I booked the extra large King room with Sofa Bed. Ummmm not sure how it was extra large, I would like to see a small one. I had to ask several times to get extra blankets and sheets for the sofa bed. The bathroom was dirty and lots of somebody else's hair on the floor. The sheets were threadbare and the couches, chairs, etc. had stains on them. Woke up in the middle of the night freezing because of a draft coming in from the outside through the heat/ac unit. You could literally look through the unit and see a big gap in the wall and the parking lot outside. It looks like the tried to update/upgrade the hotel with a cheap contractor, they have gone through and put crown molding everywhere and some other nice touches, but it looks like a 5 year old installed it. Oh, the other reason why I booked it was they had advertised a Deluxe continental breakfast, which was NOT deluxe. I might as well have been staying at a Days Inn, it was prepackaged pastries, and some cereal. Well, I guess that is what I get for spending $79 or whatever I paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax and leave the details to us at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, minutes from Interstate 40 and walking distance from Wake Forest University, the Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum Complex, the Dixie Classic Fairgrounds, Ernie Shore Field, shopping and dining. Our lovely boutique-style Inn is pet-friendly and close to cultural attractions such as the Reynolda House Museum of American Art, as well as hiking, fishing and local wineries. The Winston Salem Hotel & Spa features a refreshing day spa and onsite restaurant and lounge as well as free Wi-Fi Internet throughout the hotel and free continental breakfast. Our spacious guest rooms include Microwave, Mini Refrigerator, Coffee Maker, Hairdryer, 32 inch flat panel TV, and free high-speed Wi-Fi. Soak up the sun in the outdoor pool and work out in the fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Winston Salem Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundance Plaza Hotel And Suites
- Sundance Plaza Hotel Winston Salem
- Clarion Winston Salem