“glad it was only one night.”

Winston Salem Hotel & Spa
Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Durham, North Carolina
“glad it was only one night.”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We we're in town for a special assembly in the area so we decided to stay here since it was right across the street from the venue and reasonably priced. The hotel front desk staff was pleasant and checked us in promptly. The actual hotel looks like it underwent some sort of remodel, but still needs a lot more work. We stayed in a king room. It was an average king bed room, with a pull out bed and desk... very typical. The room did have a microwave and fridge, but I think they have been there since the 1960s. We placed some fruit in the fridge and it really didn't keep them cold. The room was ok clean wise, but many upgrades are in order. The bathroom was tiny, even for a hotel, and the mirror on the bathroom door was about to fall off...It was flapping all over the place. We did not use the spa or try the breakfast, but I was told it was a hot one, so that's a perk, but can't really comment on it. Overall it was an ok stay, but but as my title states, glad it was only for a night. I will not be returning.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Wasn't expecting much (know the area of Winston-Salem) but the hotel was very convenient to the convention center and the staff was very friendly and nice. Room was clean, but older. Some updates have been made in interesting ways (trying to make the hotel more artsy?) but the new additions just seemed to create a greater contrast with the parts that are old and out of date. Breakfast was decent, coffee was good. We were on the first floor and could hear conversations in the hallway, and our neighbor's TV in the next room.

Room Tip: First floor was noisy - but our friends on higher floors did not have the same experience.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Chester
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The Sundance Hotel has become a home away from home. This was my third stay here this year and I look forward to visiting this area and staying at this hotel even after my nephew graduates from WF this spring. Clean, comfortable, GREAT staff and prime location make it hard to beat. The people here really do make me feel right at home.
THANKS

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We booked this hotel through groupon not knowing the area. We were very disappointed when we arrived. The fitness room was out of order, the ice machine was broken, the room was dirty, the pull out couch and contents in the couch were questionable (at best). Our 8 and 11 year olds were even Leary immediately! The carpet was unclean, the security doors did not work. We did not stay to see what other adventures we may experience. The only staff person working was fine. Needless to say, it was worth the extra money to stay elsewhere! Never Again. I cannot believe that any of the positive posts on this site are truly from guests!

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Agpmichigan

Travellers are raving about these Winston Salem hotels

Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stayed here for Valentines Day and had an absolutely amazing time! We ate dinner at the hotels restaurant and were greeted with a fresh cut rose and two glasses of champagne! The food and atmosphere were amazing! Candlelight dinner with live guitarist, out of this world food, amazing service... Our next day was spent at the spa. As a first for me, the spa day was amazing. Wine, steam room, massage, and facial... I must say, do NOT underestimate the spa. The masseurs are phenomenal and I felt like a princess my entire stay here!!!! I highly recommend this hotel. The entire staff, especially Demetria who worked so hard for us, was extremely nice and they go out of their way to make sure your stay there is fabulous. We will be going back!!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Lauren6339
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying for three days at the Sundance Plaza Hotel & Spa in Winston-Salem, NC over this past St. Patrick’s Day weekend.  As soon as I arrived, the staff greeted me in a very warm and friendly manner and promptly registered me at the hotel.  The bell staff happily assisted me with my luggage and escorted me to my room.  My room was nicely decorated, impeccably clean and very spacious with elegant sculptures, accent lighting, a king size bed, separate sitting area with desk, TV, mini bar and most importantly, Wi-Fi access.  The bath was well stocked with towels and luxurious Swiss toiletries.  I was also very happy to see them promoting water conservation, an important issue to me.  They have an immaculate spa that offers an extensive menu of services, perfect for a romantic weekend getaway.  The hotel is conveniently and centrally located in the heart of Wake Forest University’s campus and within walking distance to their many sports venues.  With such a gracious staff, comfortable accommodations, Zen-like spa services, great location and excellent service, I look forward to staying there again in the very near future.

Room Tip: Room 400 on the fourth floor is on the top floor, nicely decorated, spacious, quiet, and close to th...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 16 March 2013

While my review comes late, it was definitely not on purpose. We stayed during valentines day and were privileged to be a part of the valentines day dinner. First the food for the dinner was Excellent and the evening could not have been better, compliments to the chef. The next morning you had a full breakfast which consisted of eggs, grits, bacon, and sausage with the usual cereal and muffins etc. The best part of the stay was the spa. Demetria (Hope I spelled it right, even though if I didn't she will forgive me as she got my name wrong multiple times) made our spa visit one to remember. I have never been to have a massage or facial done and as a man I will be back let me tell you. Give them a try for you will not be unsatisfied.The staff was also very accommodating and nice. As far as the outer exterior of the hotel you can see they are renovating some, but as I stated we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple