“comfortable hotel with great service”

Winston Salem Hotel & Spa
Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Winston Salem
north carolina
“comfortable hotel with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2009

The staff is phenomenal at this hotel - from the general manager, the front desk and the housekeeping folks. A hot breakfast each morning was delicious as was the Starbucks coffee they serve. Our room was comfortable, clean and quiet. Overall a great place to stay at a reasonable price. We did not have time to take advantage of the spa, but we understand from others in our group that is is first class.

• Stayed July 2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
WSNC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2009

I surprised my husband with a stay at the Sundance for our FIRST wedding anniversary. The staff was great! Especially the lady at the front desk, who I'd spoken with in advance. She allowed me to check in early and also advised of the late check out option for Choice Privilege members (during my check in process). Check out and check in were a breeze. There is an onsite restaurant and activities onsite to help keep guest entertained. There is also an inhouse spa. A pool, fitness area and business center were also available to us. We had a great stay. I would recommend this to anyone coming in town or for a W-S resident to use as a nice getaway spot.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2009

We definitely had an excellent experience with this hotel. The room was spacious and comfortable and we were extremely pleased with the management and staff. I left feeling very well accomodated and will be staying at this location everytime I travel to the area. Not to mention, the spa is an outstanding plus!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Winston-Salem
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2009

I decided to take take my husband for an overnight romantic stay for his birthday, Needless to say it was far from that, it was the worst stay ever! The hotel had a group of kids that were there for a soccer tournament. The kids were practicing moves with the ball in hallways and constantly hitting our door to the room and the walls in the halls. One group of kids even torn the plastic covering on the wall off! There was a problem with calling the front desk, but once that was fixed there was never anyone at the front desk! The fire alarm was set off the next morning (probably one of the kids had set it off purposely) the fire dept. came, other guests were calling the front desk as we were checking out which I stood for atleast 10mins or more before anyone came to the desk. The guest on the phone was told they didn't know what the problem was but they were okay and the fire dept would come and check it out! It was ridiculous! Neither my husband or I got any sleep and we were happy to check out and never again to go back!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Dear Guest:
First of all – thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time in writing your review. We love to hear from you, our guest, because it provides us with an opportunity to find out where we have met or exceeded your expectations and where we need to improve. It is clear that we failed our goal with you. However, every review will be shared with the relevant staff, management and myself. Your comments will be used to prepare a corrective action plan. I assure you we all listen carefully. This is the only way to reach our goal of meeting and exceeding your expectations.
For the issues and areas where we failed I am truly sorry and I apologize.
Please call me to when making arrangements for a future trip to our city and I will make it my business to point out the corrective action we have taken.
Again – thank you for your review
Mike G
Owner
919 215-9372

Travellers are raving about these Winston Salem hotels

Hannibal, Mo.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2009

I have stayed the last 2 years at the SUNDANCE while I attended the Western Film Festival there and I must say I was very impressed with their staff as they always very pleasant and helpful. The rooms were very nice and clean and were kept clean during my stay. I have nothing but nice things to say about my stay at the SUNDANCE. Their management did an excellent job too.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2009

I travel quite a lot therefore comfort and willingness to please is what I look for in a hotel...well seek and ye shall find! When the hotel manager has those qualities, in this case a woman, you have no problems. Yes the hotel could definitely use a bit of updating however, I much prefer getting my needs met immediately upon asking....not having to be connected to five people repeating my request over and over! I highly recommend the Southern Hospitality that was given to me at this hotel....another plus? I'm a very finicky eater and you know what hotel food is usually like right? Well, the food was like good ole home cooked food...if it sounds like I was happy....you got that right...oh one more thing....the massages....what a treat. So, if you like happy surroundings, cleanliness and a good nights sleep...that's the place to be...but don't take my word for it...find out for yourself....my friends say that I'm always right!

Thanks staff you're the best
signed
Trekbabe

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
vandemere, nc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2009

My husband and I recently drove our daughter to Wake Forest Univ. for camp. We decided to stay in WinstonSalem and catch a Minor league game and Visit the campus before leaving her the next day, What a let down. We travel quite a bit, and this is close to the top of the list for DUMPS! From the moment we drove in the parking lot we knew. The landscaping was filled with dead shrubbery and some sort of woven cane mats on top of the entryways. It was in awful shape. The building itself was in need of repairs and paint. The lobby was so hot when we walked in, which increased the bad odor of dirty carpet or must. Then we arrived to our room. The beds were so small, the decor was not appealing, and the bathroom was very tiny and with plenty of problems on its own. Such as the toilet handle had to be held for 20 seconds or more to flush, the carpet mat got stuck under the much to large door, so we were actually not able to get in until my husband forced the door open. What a mess. Later that night, after returning from the baseball game, There were no parking places left. Not happy! We had just settled down when the fire alarm went off. Everyone in the hotel started to evacuate, when we finally got word that someone had pulled the alarm as a prank. Not funny!! To any guest!!! There was a family reunion and the music could not be over looked, even on the 4th floor. The real kicker, The coffee in our room was terrible, so when we went dowstairs to the continenetal breakfast we discovered that they had cleaned it all up by 9:55. And no free paper or bill under the door. We asked for the manager , but they were nowhere to be found. Can't blame him for that. We plan to go up in a few days to pick up our daughter. Needless to say, we will be staying elsewhere. This was not my first choice, just the only room available this close to WFU. I hope I have got my point across ---Don't stay here!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
PARTNERNC, General Manager at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 July 2009
Thank you for responding in regard to your stay with us. I do appreciate all feedback, negative and positive so we know what we are doing right and where we need to improve. We will be doing a major renovation project starting this fall that will include the exterior landscaping, the interior guest rooms, public areas and the ballrooms. Please stop back in and see the difference.