“Best hotel to stay in Winston Salem”

Winston Salem Hotel & Spa
Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Winston Salem
SOUTH CAROLINA
“Best hotel to stay in Winston Salem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2009

I travel to Winston Salem weekly. In 2007 when I started traveling in WS, I stayed at other hotels then in 2008 I tried the Sundance Plaza. WOW. I felt like I was home away from home. Big welcome at the door, and you instantly smell the Starbucks coffee brewing. The staff are always accommodating and friendly, the rooms are always clean and consistent and I love the SPA. I had a massage that was the BEST. I try to fit in Friday Night for my stay over so I can hear LIVE JAZZ. Another WOW. I always get a upgrade to include hot breakfast-the best Omelets. I will always stay with the Sundance.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you, thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time in writing your review. We love to hear from you, our guest, because it provides us with an opportunity to find out where we have met or exceeded your expectations. Every review will be shared with the relevant staff, management and myself.
The issues and areas you pointed out are discussed and taken under consideration for future decission making. We tell also tell our staff “job well done” for the items you enjoyed. Please call me to when making arrangements for a future trip to our city and I will make it my business to welcome you home.
Best wishes,
Mike G
Owner
919 215-9372

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2009

Our four day stay for our son's wedding was memorable, thanks to the hotel and staff. It was so convenient to staying just a few floors away from the location for the wedding and reception! The staff was so accomodating and friendly--almost like family by the time our stay was over!
The room decor was charming and each room was unique. The beds were surprisingly comfortable and I appreciated the adequate storage space (dresser & closet) so we could unpack and not be tripping over our luggage for the duration of our stay.
We would love to come back and visit again and would be happy to stay at the Sundance Plaza Hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
winston-salem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2009

well first when i got there Dinah was very nice to us and greeted us as me came in. she told us where to be headed and everything looked so clean. The room looked clean and smelled fresh. I had a good night and when i woke up they attended us pretty good in breakfast. i enjoyed being in Sundace Plaza and would recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2009

I think this is the best kept secret in Winston-Salem, NC.

The service is out of this world and with employees like FELICIA how could you not enjoy your stay at a place like SUNDANCE.

The hotel is best value in town.

Ray Rayani

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2009

We recently stayed at the Sundance Plaza for 4 days while on a business trip. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I loved the Bistro on the main floor (wonderful live music!) and the Spa atmosphere was so nice - there are little "secret gardens" near the pool. The location is extremely convenient to Wake Forest and many restaurants - the sports bar around the corner has the BEST STEAK ever for a great price. The best part of our stay was the friendly, helpful staff. They really went out of their way to make our visit a great experience and everyone was SO NICE! We always stay at the Sundance whenever we are in the area. It's the best!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2009

I especially enjoyed this hotel's spa. The free entertainment was a plus. Also, the hotel is located near two excellent golfing areas. It is close to tour attractions, too. Also, IHop is right outside its door. The staff was attentive. The suites are a nice size and the rate was very responsible.

The outside area needed work. The restaurant at the hotel is average. However, the customer service was excellent there. There is also a bar area in the hotel. The free breakfast bar is a little below average; but you can order from the restaurant's menu or go to IHOP. The restaurants that are less than five miles away offer excellent food and drinks. You will want to visit them.

If you are looking for a hotel that incudes a nice spa that is close to golfing and tour sites. This is the place. Also, friendly staff is the reason why I am giving this hotel a thumbs up.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2009

I didn't book my room until the Wednesday prior to a Saturday wedding and was certain there would be no availability.

Fortunately, Felicia answered the phone to take my call. Much to my great surprise, Felicia bent over backwards to, not only see that I had a room, but accommodate my preferences as well. Her customer service skills are second-to-none!

The hotel was quite nice. However, even had it not been so nice, I would recommend it due to Felicia's great attitude. Her manager, Charlene, also responded to my emails promptly, providing exactly the information I sought.

While most large, chain hotels have no idea what customer service is and, therefore, hire employees who don't, Sundance Plaza is a great exception! Felicia is an extraordinary asset to this organization and the sole reason I will not stay anywehre else when I'm in the Winston Salem, NC area. Thank you, Felicia!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple