“Fantastic service!”

Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service!”
Reviewed 14 October 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in the Sundance Plaza Hotel. As a traveller from London with a broad experience of hotels, I can honestly say I have never had more friendly service in any hotel around the world. The facilities are also excellent with wi-fi, business centre and gym all free to use for guests. And the value for money is excellent. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Dear guests:
Wow - You made our day - we love happy customers. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review. We do strive to meet and exceed all guests expectations and feel very happy to hear that we met our goal. i will share your feed back with the staff and let them know "Job well done".
Hope to see you soon at the Sundance again.
919 215-9372

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chester
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Excellent staff from the front desk (Cathrine was outstanding) to housekeeping made me feel right at home. The full breakfast in the morning was very good.
Great location, convenient to the Wake Main Campus and both sports stadiums.
THANKS
I will be back.

Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Dear guests:
Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to write this review. We do strive to meet and exceed all guests expectations and feel very happy to hear that we met our goal. Your comments will be shared with the staff and I let them know "Job well done".
Boothwyn, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 October 2010

The staff is more than accomodating, the rooms are standard but more than adequate, and the breakfast menu is really good (the usual continental fare, plus eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc...). It's a hop, skip, and a jump to the Wake Forest campus, and you can walk to the football and/or basketball games across the street. Also, it's a short drive to downtown Winston-Salem (5 minutes) where there is always plenty to do. I haven't tried the food yet, but the bar was fun. They usually have bands or late night events on Friday's and Saturday's. Oh yeah, they have a spa and wellness center which looks really good. My daughter wanted a facial, but we didn't have the time..maybe next visit!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Walkertown, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 September 2010

I was an outside vendor (DJ Service) hired to provide entertainment for a High School Class Reunion. The wait staff and kitchen staff were excellant. The in-house catering and food was delicious. I highly recommend this facility for your next conference, business or personal function.

Although I was an outside vendor, the staff at the Sundance Plaza made me feel welcomed and "right at home". There was a lady running the kitchen staff named Edith that was excellant in all that she did that evening.

Thank you Sundance!
Pa-Zazz Entertainment

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Dear guests:
You made my and certainly our employees day - thank you!
Also, thank you for staying with us and for your review.
We strive to meet and exceed all guests expectations and love hearing that we met our goal.
I will share your feed back with the staff and let them know "Job well done".
Seal Beach, California
Reviewed 15 September 2010

We stayed for 8 days and it was one of the BEST trips we have taken. Went to Wake Forest football game and the hotel staff was very professional and pleasant. Breaksfasts were excellent. The room was well decorated and bvery clean. Will stay there everytime we visit Winston-Salem. Recxommend to anyone looking for a quality property with very professional staff.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear guests:
You made our day - thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review. We do strive to meet and exceed all guests expectations and feel very happy to hear that we met our goal. i will share your feed back with the staff and let them know "Job well done".
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 July 2010

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE!!!. I don't know why some feel that this is a great place to stay. My husband and I even got a discount on this place and it still wan't worth it!!!!! First of all, It's a old hotel, they tried to remodel. It is a roach infested hotel. We even found a dead one in our room....CAN I SAY DISGUSTING. When we got to the desk to check in, the front desk person acted as though he didn't know what to do or how to tell us to get to our room. Once we got to our room, our keys wouldn't work. My husband had to go back down to the front desk and get him. He comes back to our room and on the way tries our keys on another room, and then says to my husband, oh this is not your room. Comes to our room finally tries the keys which don't work & he already knows that. So he leaves to go back downstairs and remake our keys. Same problem the very next night. Next problem. It stinks in the hotel, the elevators are so small only people can get into it at one time. Next MAJOR PROBLEM IN MY BOOK is that when the toilet paper was empty, the maid, instead of putting a new roll in the bathroom, gave us a almost used up roll from someone elses room. MUST I GO ON. I COULDN'T WAIT TO GET OUT OF THIS CESSPOOL!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Dear Guest:
First of all – thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time in writing your review. We love to hear from you, our guest, because it provides us with an opportunity to find out where we have met or exceeded your expectations and where we need to improve. It is clear that we failed our goal with you. However, every review will be shared with the relevant staff, management and myself. Your comments will be used to prepare a corrective action plan. I assure you we all listen carefully. This is the only way to reach our goal of meeting and exceeding your expectations.
For the issues and areas where we failed I am truly sorry and I apologize.
Please call me to when making arrangements for a future trip to our city and I will make it my business to point out the corrective action we have taken.
Again – thank you for your review
Western PA
Reviewed 8 July 2010

The staff went above and beyond to accommodate our large group. The provided us extra tables (without our asking) for our cookout. They allowed us the use of a large room to watch the World Cup. They didn't have a large screen tv, but contacted Rent a Center to bring one in. They opened the bar early for our gathering as well. I have praised their staff to everyone. They will take care of you.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Dear guests:
Wow wow wow -You made our day - thank you!
Please share your experience with many travelers as you do when you post this review.