“Cleanest Hotel Ever with Great Staff”

SpringHill Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall
Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stay here year after year on our way to the beach and every year, the hotel looks the same. It is always incredibly clean, from the lobby and pool area, to the rooms. The linens and pillows are top notch. If you ever need a hotel in this area, this is a great find. Complimentary breakfast in the morning is an added bonus. If you are here on a Wednesday, they have a cocktail reception in the lobby with snacks. I have nothing negative to say. When we were here, there was a group for a conference staying here and for as crowded as the hotel was, it was very quiet.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I practically lived up in Winston-Salem for several years ago doing a project. Most of my stays were split between the Hampton Inn and Hilton, I had tried to stay at the Sprillhill but was told by my company that it wasn't on the "list". I am back up here for business and it has made it to the list of my company's approved hotels. This is such a sharp, clean hotel. I am so glad I was able to stay here. Sad that it was only for a couple of night. Everything was spotless and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was a nice surprise.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the back looking onto a wooded area. Made it feel more private.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Over all this is a great hotel to stay in while visiting Winston-Salem. A drawback for me was hearing conversations in adjoining rooms and guests walking around in the room above. I am a light sleeper so had difficulty going to sleep and remaining asleep. Made the hotel experience less than favorable. The breakfast was adequate. We appreciated the fact that pets are NOT allowed!!

Room Tip: Ask for room that doesn't have a rented room next to it.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

As my title says this has to be the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at.
The bath towels were folded into the shape of two swans touching 'beaks' forming a heart...a nice detail.
I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family recently went on a road trip and the SpringHill Suites Winston-Salem was our first stop. We got in late but the staff was super accommodating and gave us a 10% off coupon to a local restaurant.

As far as the room goes, it was very clean and comfortable and exceeded our expectations in every way. If we're ever in Winston-Salem again, we will certainly stay here!

1  Thank Joseph W
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very clean and the staff is very nice. My issue is their air conditioning thermostat policy. If you set your room to 70, the ac will not turn back on til it hits 75F before cycling back on to bring room back down again to 70. The 5 degree flux had me hot half the night. When I complained they said that the air conditioning was working perfectly. 5 degree cycle is not normal. Yes, I did set ac to 65 which still waited till 70 to kick in. 5 degrees is uncomfortable.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
JImmy C, Manager at SpringHill Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Good evening!
My name is Saphira Simmons and I am the Assistant General Manager here at the SpringHill Suites Hanes Mall. I just wanted to apologize for your inconvenience regarding our HVAC unit. I know that it can be frustrating to deal with an uncomfortable room temperature. I am working with maintenance to check all of our units and correct any issues. We truly appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and SpringHill Suites and hope that you give us another chance to show you why we are an award winning property!

Saphira Simmons

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great hotel and location. Ample breakfast buffet. Very clean and rooms have nice touches like specialty towels, top brand toiletries, and large flat screen TVs. Hooters is next door as is Five Guys and Lone Star Steakhouse. Easy access to I-40. Near Hanes Mall.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family