“I would stay here again”

Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Winston Salem
GILBERTSVILLE
“I would stay here again”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stay in Hampton Inn all the time and this is one of th best that I have stayed in. The staff was great, they were friendly and always there to help if needed. I was given an upgrade (I am an Hhonors diamond member) which for me was a first. The room was clean and kept clean. I guess the only negative comment and this is more for Hampton than this hotel is that they should get some variety to the breakfast. It is becoming the same ole same ole. So if you are in the university area of Winston-Salem you should stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Summer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for being a valued guest, and taking the time to let us know about your experience. We love upgrading our Diamond Members when they visit the hotel and we have availability. I noticed you were not particularly pleased with the Hampton breakfast as a whole. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our corporate office, as they are always looking to improve the brand. We hope that when you visit our area again you will be our choice of hotels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Conneaut, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The staff at this hotel will go out of their way to see they you have excellent service. We left clothing behind. We were called and the clothing was nicely packed and shipped to our home. It arrived the day after we did.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for being our guest while visiting the Winston Salem area. I’m glad you were able to experience great service and accommodations. Our staff really takes pride in the service and accommodations we provide. Thank you for staying at our property, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here for a lacrosse tournament and even though it was far from BB&T Soccer Park it was worth it for the quiet and nice accommodations. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. Rooms were clean and well appointed. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good - again the staff was wonderful. The only thing was the elevator smelled sour. The carpet needs replacing or cleaning. This was the only thing I found lacking at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for visiting our hotel during your lacrosse tournament! We strive to provide great service and accommodations each and every time. Thank you for making us aware of our elevator carpet! I will make sure maintenance takes care of that issue. We hope that when visiting the area again we will be your choice in hotels in the area. Thank you for being out guest!
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel during a recent trip to NC where we were traveling from place to place visiting various family members. We checked into this Hampton Inn at the end of a very long day of hiking with our 2 children. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the check in was speedy, our room was immaculate and the beds were heaven on earth. We will definitely stay here again, the next time we are in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our property! We are glad to hear you were able to check in with ease and that you enjoyed our beds! They are my favorite part about the brand as well! I know that when staying with Hampton I will always get a great night rest! Thank you for being a valued guest and I look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Merrillville, United States
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!I had a great stay!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Summer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for being a valued guest at our hotel. It appears we have exceed your expectations and that is awesome! This is one of my favorite Trip Advisers ever so Thank you!!! I will make sure to pass along your kind words to the staff. We hope that when you are visiting Winston Salem again in the future we will be your choice in hotels.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Spent several nights in this hotel on a recent business trip To Winston Salem, and the hotel was
a newer one and everything was good. Air conditioning was noisy even when it wasn't running
there were mechanical noises emitting from the AC. Smoke alarm was directly over your head when you were in bed and it had a very annoying light shining down toward the bed very annoying when trying to get to sleep. Breakfast was the same as with all Hampton's with the same poor quality food served, biscuits were as hard as bricks, eggs rubberized, the sausage
was good along with the fruit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jhollingsworth11
Thank you for taking the time to let us and other travelers know about your experience. It appears we have fallen short of your expectations with our hotel in a few areas with the noisy AC, smoke alarm placement, and the quality of our breakfast items. Please contact me at your convenience to discuss these items and on how we can not only meet your expectations, but exceed them. Thank you for being a valued guest at our hotel, and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Summer Combs – General Manager – 336 377 3000
Goldsboro, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hotel was very clean and the service was excellent. There was plenty for us to choose from for breakfast. Located near restaurants and shopping and an easy drive to WFU or the downtown area. Plan to stay here again next year when we visit the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Summer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us and other travelers know about your experience while visiting our hotel. We strive to provide clean rooms, friendly service and great accomodations each and every visit! We are excited to hear we will be your choice of hotels when visiting Winston Salem again. We look forward to the opportunity to continue to earn your business! Thank you for being a valued guest!