“Great rooms, clean and quiet.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stay here frequently. I'm always greeted by friendly staff (Josh & Roger). The breakfast is extensive with many choices. The rooms are quiet and clean. Each room has a fridge and microwave. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014
Summer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

I would first like to thank you for the kind words about our staff, specifically Josh and Roger. I have shared your comments with them along with the rest of our staff. We strive to provide great service and accommodations to each and every guest. We are certainly glad you were not disappointed, and we hope when you visit the Winston-Salem area in the future we will be your first choice in hotels!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The room was a little pricey, however, it was very spacious and was nice. The hotel was very quiet and had very little outside noise. There was plenty of food for breakfast! The only suggestion I would have for ANY hotel is to hand out a map upon request, showing where some restaurants and other surroundings are for out of town guests.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Summer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us and other travelers know about your experience at our hotel. Our staff truly strives to provide great service and accommodations each and every time. We hope that when you are visiting the Winston Salem Area again in the future we will be your choice of hotels in the area.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Check in was very fast and staff was very friendly. Room was clean and room accommodations were great. The free breakfast was great. Will be staying at this hotel again when visiting family in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to let us and other travelers know about your experience. We strive to provide great service and accommodations to each and every guest! I’m glad to hear you will be staying with us again when visiting the area. We truly want to earn your business. Thank you for being our valued guest, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This Hampton Inn is fairly new (built around 2010 I believe) and the lobby and rooms are all have the newer Hampton Inn look. Beds are very comfortable and rooms are quiet. Bathrooms are nice and upscale (my room did not have a bathtub, but had a large walk-in shower - not sure if that is standard or not). People were very friendly and they offer corporate rates for some local businesses.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for being our valued guest! We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations to each and every guest. All of our standard kings do have the stand up showers, however we do offer tubs in our upgrade rooms, and our double rooms. Thank you again for being our guest, and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

As soon as I checked into my room the person who checked me in, Roger, called to see if everything was fine with my room. I realized later I had forgotten a toothbrush and they gave me one. I didn't partake of the free breakfast but it looked fine- it is the same as other Hamptons I have stayed in. I do love their mattresses and pillows which is one reason I like Hamptons.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Summer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for being a valued guest, and sharing your feedback about our hotel with us and other travelers. Roger, has been at our hotel for a short time, but truly does an amazing job! I will be sure to pass along your compliments to him. Thank you again for staying with us, and I look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here one night only for a soccer game at Wake Forest. Excellent location. Close to many, many restaurants and conveniences. Rooms were clean, shower was hot, and breakfast was great! Our family stayed at an adjacent hotel because this was full. Great location if you have a large party. We will stay here again if we come back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ContraM

We are glad you enjoyed your stay while visiting the Winston Salem Area. We are very fortunate that our hotel is conveniently located to several shops and restaurants and our guest love it! We hope that when you come back to this area again we will be your choice in hotels when visiting the area. Thank you again for being a valued guest and we love having you here!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stay in Hampton Inn all the time and this is one of th best that I have stayed in. The staff was great, they were friendly and always there to help if needed. I was given an upgrade (I am an Hhonors diamond member) which for me was a first. The room was clean and kept clean. I guess the only negative comment and this is more for Hampton than this hotel is that they should get some variety to the breakfast. It is becoming the same ole same ole. So if you are in the university area of Winston-Salem you should stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for being a valued guest, and taking the time to let us know about your experience. We love upgrading our Diamond Members when they visit the hotel and we have availability. I noticed you were not particularly pleased with the Hampton breakfast as a whole. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our corporate office, as they are always looking to improve the brand. We hope that when you visit our area again you will be our choice of hotels.