“Nice halfway break”

Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
“Nice halfway break”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped with family on the way to the beach for an overnight. Nice stay. Pool was nice. Breakfast was busy and they were out of a few things but restocked quickly when asked. Room was clean, nice and quiet. Ice machines were in semi sound proofed rooms. Lots of chain restaurants and big box shopping close by. Would stay again.

Stayed July 2014
Summer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Thank you for being our guest, and choosing our hotel for your stopping point on the way to the beach. Friday and Saturday nights during the summer months are filled with travelers using our convenient hotel as there “breaking point”. We hope that when traveling next year we will be your choice of hotels in the future. Thank you for being our guest, and we love having you here!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
California City, California
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have recently become a frequent traveler, and many times have been disappointed with my hotel choices... not this time. Great customer service, beautiful roomy rooms, nice breakfast and great location. I was traveling with a group of people and every one of us was impressed with this hotel. I highly recommend it to anyone and should I ever have the occasion to travel to Winston-Salem again I will definitely stay at this hotel!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for letting us and other travelers know about your experience. Our staff truly strives to provide exceptional accommodations, and service to each and every guest. It is our goal to, earn your business not just get it! Thank you for being for being our guest, and we hope that when you visit the Winston Salem Area in the future we will be your choice for hotel accommodations.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We enjoyed absolutely everything about this hotel -- the pool, the breakfast, the location ... But most impressive of all was the wonderful staff. Everyone was very warm, friendly, and competent. We'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for being our guest, and thank you for taking the time to let us and other travelers know about your experience while visiting our area. Our staff truly works hard, to provide great service and accommodations to each and every guest. Thank you also for the warm comments on the staff, and I have passed along the compliments to them in our most recent team huddle. We hope that when you visit our area again we will be your choice in hotels.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My Wife and I were in town for the USTAF competition last weekend. The hotel was perfectly located, about 2 miles from Wake Forest Univ. Our King Suite was very clean and nicely appointed. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The Free breakfast was just what we needed. The workout room was also surprisingly nice, with recently updated equipment! The ONLY negative was our maid kept forgetting to restock our shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion, so we had to make two trips to the front desk for refills. (not a big deal) We were there three nights.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for choosing our hotel while visiting the USTAF competition. We are glad you enjoyed our convenient location, and we hope you were able to relax in our deluxe suite! We strive to provide great service and accommodations to each guest, and we are glad you experienced that while visiting us. Our Complimentary Breakfast seems to have a little something for everyone, and we are glad you took advantage while you were here. I do apologize that our housekeeping staff did not restock your amenities while staying. I will make sure to use this as this week’s training topic. We hope that when visiting the Winston Salem area again we will be your choice for accommodations. Thank you for being our guest!
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Josh at the front desk is awesome. Attempted to check in and was told I didn't have a reservation. Checking my email and confirmation, I indeed had reserved a room at "the other" Hampton Inn. He promptly took charge, called and cancelled my reservation at "the other" place and registered me at my preferred location with a great suite. This is my preferred hotel when working every month in Winston-Salem. The staff is always friendly, courteous and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
I would first like to thank you for your compliments on Josh. I have shared your comments, and recognized him at our most recent team huddle! We truly strive to provide great service and accommodations to each and every guest. Although you were booked at another property, I am glad we were able to get you in to ours. We hope that when visiting the area again we will be your choice in hotels. Thank you again, for being our valued guest, and we look forward to serving you again in the future!!!
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stay here frequently. I'm always greeted by friendly staff (Josh & Roger). The breakfast is extensive with many choices. The rooms are quiet and clean. Each room has a fridge and microwave. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014
I would first like to thank you for the kind words about our staff, specifically Josh and Roger. I have shared your comments with them along with the rest of our staff. We strive to provide great service and accommodations to each and every guest. We are certainly glad you were not disappointed, and we hope when you visit the Winston-Salem area in the future we will be your first choice in hotels!
Sand Creek, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The room was a little pricey, however, it was very spacious and was nice. The hotel was very quiet and had very little outside noise. There was plenty of food for breakfast! The only suggestion I would have for ANY hotel is to hand out a map upon request, showing where some restaurants and other surroundings are for out of town guests.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Summer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us and other travelers know about your experience at our hotel. Our staff truly strives to provide great service and accommodations each and every time. We hope that when you are visiting the Winston Salem Area again in the future we will be your choice of hotels in the area.