“Excellent and creative fare”
Review of Willows Bistro

Willows Bistro
Ranked #14 of 661 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
“Excellent and creative fare”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Willows is one of the area's best restaurants. Great food, great service, excellent wine list! I particularly like the grilled olive appetizer (ask for extra bread...I never have enough), the hummus and the scallop dishes. Some seasoning can be a bit on the robust side, so check if you are sensitive. The servers do a wonderful job guiding you to an appropriate selection.

2 Thank Dollyamas

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Nice option for dining near downtown”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had not been to Willows in quite a while, but returned to try something a little off the "4th Street path". We were pleasantly surprised, and were planning a return visit while we were still there. The menu choices are varied, but not overwhelming by too many choices. Very creative. My husband got the bbq pork rib appetizer to go with his smoked turkey salad. We were amazed by the generous portion of ribs, and they were delicious! I had one of the veggie entrees, with grilled veggies and cheese - another large and filling dish. We sat outside on a lovely summer evening, which we enjoyed immensely. Our server, Sarah, was great. Will be back soon!

• Visited June 2014
Winston-Salem, NC
“First visit and it's a keeper”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I hope this restaurant stays around, because the food is great. It's located in an old building that looks like an old railroad depot and it has significant charm. I went early for lunch, which turned out to be a good thing. Seating is limited, and by the time the main lunch crowd hit, the line was out the door. I played it safe for my first visit, and just got a burger. It turned out to be a great choice, because it had a juicy grilled flavor that equaled the best burger in town, and it was cheaper. Can't beat that. The fries were a little underdone to my taste, so I took off one star. Otherwise, I can't wait to go back and branch out to the other items on the menu.

• Visited June 2014
Durham, North Carolina
“Crowded but great”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Father's day may not be the best day to go for brunch as this is a small restaurant, but the menu is varied and the food is local, fresh and well prepared. The pear salad was a knockout! Who would think of smoked peanuts?

Visited June 2014
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Two Delicious Meals in 2 days”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I could not resist going to Willows for dinner on the night before I was meeting a friend there for lunch. Creative menu and very helpful serving staff who even brought a small sampling of something I wasn't sure about ordering. Lunch or Dinner, this old train depot is a charming place with a talented kitchen crew. Oh - the made to order white sangria is a must on a warm summer day.

Visited June 2014