Fairfield Inn & Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Sleep Inn Hanes Mall(Winston Salem)
View Hotel
All reviewsred lobsterhanes mallfox newsfront deskpet feeroom was cleanyogurtgreat ratefree breakfastovernight stayeasy accessshopping and restaurantsmini fridgedefinitely stay here againstayed here for one nightconvenient locationtwo nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I've had the opportunity to stay at this Fairfield Inn many time over the past several years - both before and after their renovations. All in all it's a great place for business travelers on a budget. You get what you pay for and a little more. Rooms are clean and comfortable but by no means luxurious and there are reminders that you are in an economy hotel in some of the little things like the quality of towels, the use of plastic cups and the lack of things like tissues in the bathrooms. But then there are some nice surprises too. Things like a lovely midweek managers reception with pizza, salad, cheese and crackers and wine and beer plus fresh baked cookies every evening. It's hard to beat the free breakfast as well - complete with scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, waffles, fruit. yogurt, oatmeal and decent coffee.

My one big complaint is with the faucets in the bathtub. They operate quite unlike any I have ever seen. It took me several tries to figure out how to get it to work. Several of my coworkers also commented that it took a few minutes to figure out as well. Perhaps a little wall plaque or tent card with instructions might be helpful. A minor thing, I know.

Room Tip: Aviod rooms that back to the elevator
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear wilmadog,

Thank you for reviewing our Fairfield Inn & Suites, as well as for all of your business during the last few years - we love hearing from our regular guests! I'm glad that you feel that the value you receive is always great and that you enjoy our weekly manager's reception with complimentary food & drinks. I will pass your feedback regarding the bathroom onto the rest of our team for discussion and apologize for any inconvenience with that. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

My husband had business out of town, & I had a few days off from work, so he asked me to tag along for his 3-day trip. The Fairfield has very nice suites, with separate bedroom & sitting areas; both have their own TV's; there is even a DVD player in the "sitting area". The sitting area has a desk as well, with ability to connect to the hotel internet. However, I didn't have my USB cord for my iPad, expecting to use a wireless connection. Be advised, you can only connect wirelessly down in the lobby/breakfast area, which I did when I ate my late (hot breakfast buffet is open till 9AM), leisurely breakfast on my own. It was quieter then, as most of the "business" guests had already eaten & gone off to work, as had my hubby. While he was away, I kept myself busy, heading to the work-out room. There are treadmills, a stationary bike, elliptical. One TV at the entrance was nice, but hard to see & hear if you get stuck on something in the far end of the room. The outdoor pool was already closed, of course, as it was late October. A nice hot shower afterward, & time to sit in the room to read. The first day my hubby only had a couple of hours at work, so for lunch we headed to downtown Winston-Salem, to park & walk around. Not too far a drive, & interesting older buildings to look at. Our next day was longer, so I kept the car, after dropping him off at work @ 6:15 AM. Back to bed; later breakfast, then work-out again. Headed across the street to Hanes Mall - a great way to kill some hours. The Fairfield was very convenient to everything we needed to do. Clean, comfy, pleasant decor. There is a small refrigerator, as well as a microwave, & coffee maker, with all the fixings. If you need, there is an iron & ironing board, & hairdryer in the bathroom. My husband has already returned 2 more times since. Definitely will be his "go-to" place when he has business in Winston-Salem. More convenient, pleasant, & affordable than the competition where he stayed previously.

Room Tip: Ask for a King suite; very comfy-cozy & pleasant! don't skip the free breakfast: includes hot foods, like eggs, make-your-own-waffle, oatmeal, fruit, breads, bagels.....etc. Great coffee too, which is available all day!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Ellen C,

Thank you for writing such a comprehensive review of your recent visit. I'm glad to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed many of our amenities. We actually do offer wireless Internet access in all of our guest rooms - be sure to let our staff know if you are having issues connecting and we will do our best to help you out! Otherwise, I'm happy to read our location was great for your needs and we appreciate your high ratings. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The Hilton just down the road had overbooked and somehow lost our reservation.Luckily the Fairfield Inn had rooms left, had a pool, offered the same free breakfast, and was $10 a night cheaper. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank strata5
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear strata5,

Thanks for your review and I'm very happy to hear we were there for you after another option didn't work out. We're grateful for your high ratings across the board and are pleased you enjoyed your stay so much. Thank you again for your comments and we can't wait to see you the next time you're in Winston!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed here over a soccer tournament. We love this area. Close to everything and close to a lot of places to eat. Nice rooms, comfortable beds and decent breakfast. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ckgirl1967
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear ckgirl1967,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and hope all went well with the tournament. I'm pleased to hear you loved our location and had a nice, comfortable stay overall. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you're in Winston!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

It was an ok place to stay on our way back to Ohio. We simply needed a bed to sleep in that was pet friendly. They were very accomadating for our dog and the boys enjoyed the cookies when we checked in. If your not expecting much and just need an overnight stay, this is good place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear TAS2448,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn & Suites - I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our pet friendliness and found our staff to be so accommodating for your needs. We do feature a variety of amenities including an outdoor pool and on-site fitness center, so hopefully you were able to take advantage of those during your stay. We hope you made it back to Ohio safely and that we'll see you the next time you're in the area! Thanks again for your comments.