“Excellent Service!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We arrived at Winston-Salem after an exhausting airline experience and wanted to check into our hotel early (10 a.m.). The front desk staff let us check in early and even upgraded our room to a suite since their other rooms weren't ready yet! The suite was great - king size bed and separate living area. Very clean and comfortable for a great price.

We love the "extras" this hotel offered - free water at the desk, Otis Spunkmeyer cookies in the evenings (yum!) and the pool.

Great location too - near the mall and lots of restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 August 2009

Average property. Clean room, OK staff (daytime front desk staff was excellent, evening front desk staff was poor).

Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2009

I started staying here about a month ago after I called the property to inquire about Long-Term Stays. The General Manager was very informative and curteous and offered a site tour of the property. After viewing the site and its amenities, I booked it immediately. My stay has been wonderful. The staff has gone above and beyond the call of duty and I have and will continue to recommend this property to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2009

We stopped here for an overnight stay on our way to Charleston SC. It was my wife and I, my older sister and her son, and my younger brother. We stayed in one room, and once we got our cot for my brother, it was comfortable for all of us. Very quiet, and spacious too. The continental breakfast helped out, since we were on a tight schedule. But if you want a place to eat, theres a bunch of places nearby, and a mall across the street. We were all very satisfied!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I stay at the Fairfield every time I am in Winston Salem. My experiences with the staff and hotel have always been wonderful. I would absolutely recommend staying there.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2008

My family stayed here and used a coupon from one of the hotel books we picked up at the welcome center $79.99 (best deals on good hotels). The hotel was easy to find, friendly staff, clean-large rooms. My kids loved the pool, there was no one in it. The only bad thing was it is outside and it did get a little chilly at night, but kids don't care when they want to swim. Good breakfast. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 13 September 2008

I was staying here using Marriott Points, as I have when traveling to Winston-Salem before, and the hotel is your average Fairfield Inn - nothing special, but clean and equivalent to the expected value. The bedding is the same as it is across the chain, and the rooms are fairly large. The bathrooms could use a little updating, but that's fairly minor. If you're looking for a cheaper place to stay in the Winston-Salem area, I would recommend this place - but if you're looking for a bit more comfort and something upscale, try the Courtyard down the street.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)