“Anniversary Trip”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Winston Salem
Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed 3 July 2014

1  Thank Timothy W
MicrotelWS, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Winston Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Reviewed 3 July 2014

only issue I had was the elevator broke down the first morning of my stay. Staff did not seem very appologetic about it at all. I thought it would have been nice for them to offer you help carrying your luggage down the steps when on checkout. There was also a very wet spot on the carpet near the nightstand.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
MicrotelWS, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Winston Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Unfortunately items can break without warning. In this case the elevator. Our hotel being a limited service property we only have a few people working at a time. If you make a request we will do what we can to assist or honor that request, however there still may be times that we are not able to complete your request.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is a good value, but only because of the room itself. The bed is comfortable and the room is clean. Skip the tired old breakfast downstairs--it's the same old same old but you have a long line of people fight just to get cold cereal or doughy waffles with fake syrup. The seasonal outdoor pool is shared with another hotel but neither one seems to care about it.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank 3pug
comfortsuitesws, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Winston Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

We serve Log Cabin syrup which is available in most grocery stores. Please contact the hotel direct with more information about your stay.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Comfort and cleanliness and a great price. It's walking distance from Hanes Mall and very close to some popular strip malls and restaurants. The laundry room has only one washer and dryer and we had to wait a bit for our turn. On the whole, the experience met our expectations.

• Stayed: June 2014

The hotel does only have one washer and dryer. Though the hotel offers 90 rooms, it is rare that there are multiple people waiting to use the laundry room. The front desk is happy to take down contact information or call the guest room to advise if it is available for use.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our current stay at Microtel was up to par until thw final night. We stayed for 4 nights, on the 4th night they had us change rooms to smoking. I had great difficulty breathing and the room smellled like a stale cigarette. The room felt dirty and was unsatisfactory. Our A/C was out at our home which didn't leave much of a choice.

1  Thank Daniel B
comfortsuitesws, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Winston Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

We do our best to accommodate when a guest plans change and they need to extend, however we cannot always do this. There are times that we are not able to extend reservations due to already being sold out of a room type. In this instance, if I am not mistaken, this reservation was made for 3 nights and was extended. The best we could do was to offer a different room type for the additional night. I recommend in the future, booking the night in question. You can always cancel by 4pm day of arrival or check out by noon on the day you wish to depart without penalty, unless otherwise noted. This will secure the wanted room type for the whole stay and prevent room changes. Please contact the hotel if you have questions.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

physical environment was clean and comfortable based on the budget pricing. I would like to think I would select this property on a return trip.
I had major problems will the "overnight" desk manager who was more invested in his cone of ice cream than assisting me with access to my room when the key failed to work. He made me feel like I was intruding on his personal space when I complained for the 4th time (4 workers) that my door lock was not working.
I was assigned to a room with a defected lock and informed staff on my arrival that there was a problem with not response; at 2:00am after a night on the town the lock completely shut down. Having to wait close to an hour for a angry employee to attempt to gain access. Next day I was provided new room by new 5th staff person. Was told the manager was off for the weekend hence I was unable to take my complaint up the chain to someone during my stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael B
MicrotelWS, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Winston Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. I would like to speak to you personally so I may have a better understanding of the challenges you faced so that we can ensure this doesn't happen to future guests.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Nicole Maurer

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Check-in was quick and professional by a friendly staff. The room was comfortable, needed a little more attention to cleaning. The motel is in a good location. Plenty of choices for breakfast. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple