“a fine overnight place”

Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Charlotte, North Carolina
“a fine overnight place”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Once to locate the property, we found the staff friendly and the room clean and comfortable. The breakfast area could use a bit more space since there were small tables tucked everywhere including the lobby. So many people in so small an area created a bit of a mess.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

MicrotelWS, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Winston Salem, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
When Microtel Inn was designed, it was a no frills economic options for travelers who just needed a place to spend the night. Obviously the brand has evolved over the past 14 years. We do offer a continental breakfast but due to the initial design of the property the space is limited. I do not foresee that area being expanded in the future. Guests are able to take items back to their rooms if desired.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Very clean comfortable room. Fast check-in and out. Very pleasant and helpful desk clerk. Continental breakfast was good. Nice swimming pool. All this at a reasonable price. We have stayed at this location before and will again. Very convenient to every thing in the city.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are located off Hanes Mall Blvd. and I-40, surrounded by shops and restaurants. Winston Salem offers great area attractions, with the
commute to most is less than 15 minutes.

Wake Forest- 6 miles
Old Salem- 6.5 miles
BB&T Soccer Park - 9.5 miles
Tarboro,NC
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I arrived at 10PM after a 12 hour workday and 3 hours driving and not having eaten . I was greeted by Jerica at the front desk. She was pleasant and efficient, just what I needed after a long day. I went to my room and the first thing was to turn on the air. It did not work! Very frustrating. I went back to the front desk and told Jerica. She got the number for maintenance and came to the room and called. No answer. She went back and got another number and called. She explained the situation and apparently was told someone would have to come out. She had to ask twice if there was something she could do. Within minutes she had the cover off and a loose connection was fixed. Her persistence made my night much better. The hotel is clean, bed fairly comfortable. It is A very good deal for the price. I may not stay for a week with my wife, but it is perfect for one night alone. I only have encountered on eee staff member, but she was very impressive. If I were a business owner, she is the kind of employee I would want people to see as the face of my business.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
MicrotelWS, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Winston Salem, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
I am sorry to hear that you encountered an issue with your ac during your recent stay. Your review has put a huge smile on my face. We have an amazing staff and I am so thrilled that Jerika was able to fix the issue and you were able to enjoy your stay at the hotel.
Monroe, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, though small and adequate. Nothing fancy, but clean and met our needs. It is off a main road, close to Hanes mall, places to shop and eat. We would consider staying here or at another Microtel Inn again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Kara L
The hotel is located off Hanes Mall Blvd and I-40. Minutes to everything Winston Salem has to offer. The hotel shares a parking lot with Outback Steakhouse and is surrounded by several other restaurants and shops.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I picked this location because it was close to Wake Forrest University and we had a National Masters Track Meet. I got a Silver medal in 300m hurdles. Anyway.... The price was right so I anticipated problems. There were NONE.
It is located across from a wonderful selection of restaurants and close to the Hanes Mall. I love shopping. We even found a movie theater nearby. Our stay was conveniently located to everything we needed.
It is set back off the road so it is quiet. The hotel is clean, updated, and a pleasure to stay in. Our room had plenty of room for me, my husband, our track equipment and two sets of golf clubs.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Congratulations on your medal! Microtel Inn Hanes Mall offers a clean comfortable place to stay. With close proximity to everything in Winston Salem, at and extremely affordable price. If you don't need a full service hotel Microtel Inn is a great option.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Booked this hotel at the last minute. From what I knew of the Microtel it was a dirty hotel. All the other hotels had crazy rates that I was not willing to pay. The hotel was clean!!! my sheets were crisp white. The room was very clean. The free breakfast was great, the girl at the front desk was great and they had a lot of house keeping staff!!! Can't complain at all I will definitley be staying again! it was closed to the mall and there was a Outback right next door

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for giving us a chance. The Microtel Inn brand was purchased by Wyndham Hotels a couple years ago. Wyndham has made many changes by adding items to the continental breakfast and making changes to the brands that are used in the hotels. For example our in room products are now Pantene and Vaseline. Our hotel has always had awesome reviews. Our staff strives for perfection and we value our guests. Please come back again soon.