“Great place to unwind..”

Wine Merchants & Vin205 Wine Bar
Ranked #114 of 661 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a wine and craft beer bar and restaurant. We have 16 wines and 20 beers on tap, as well as hundreds of wines by the bottle and beer by the bottle and can. We have live music on Fridays and some Saturdays. It is a small, intimate, boutique-style restaurant with friendly service and knowledgeable staff.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great place to unwind..”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The food here is top notch. The menu is small, but has a bit of everything. Warm crab-dip is one of my favorites. Last week they featured a tuna tartare tower…should be on the menu every day!

• Visited March 2014

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Good place to sample wine and snack”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Vin 205 is a small cafe attached to a wine shop (Wine Merchants Gourmet). Most Saturdays the wine shop has a free tasting of featured wines. The small plates or appetizers in the restaurant are great. Do not pass up the meatballs. There is a large variety of wines for sale by the glass. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable.

• Visited March 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great celebration dinner”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Vin 205 has definitely stepped up since they first opened. Our first visit was maybe a month or so after they first opened. They only offered tapas and small plates. Now, the menu has plenty to choose from and everything was fantastic. On friday night, there was only one table left, tucked into the corner. We didn't mind. The waitress was friendly. I only have 2 negatives: one is that we were going there for the multi-course meal with wine pairing. Unfortunately, they only offer it every other weekend, and it wasn't on the weekend we went. It would have been best to say that on the menu. Second, we ordered a bottle of white wine, and it would have been nice to have it in an ice bucket.. Back to all of the positives: We started with the pork tacos. My husband is very picky with pork since he smokes his own, and these were so delicious that we could have licked the plate. I had the scallops, you get about 5 or 6 large ones with rice and spinach. Very great. My husband had the crab cakes, which were very large and filling. For dessert, we shared the bananas foster (to die for!). Overall, our experience with above expectations and I would recommend this to anyone.

• Visited January 2014
n.c.
“What a nice surprise!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Having long believed this was just a wine store, was pleasantly surprised to find the connected bistro. Our dining experience here was perfect....great service, entrée choices and wine/beer selection. Also, a very attractive outdoor patio. Will certainly return.

• Visited September 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great food/wines/service/live music... great experience overall!”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I checked out Vin 205 last night for the first time and I have to say that it was an exceptionally great wine bar experience from the moment I walked through the front door until I left. I was initially drawn in for the live music by Mosaic, but was just as quickly drawn in by the classy, but comfortable, atmosphere and great service of Vin 205. I had three different wines, an appetizer and tried a few samples of new wines (friends also ate and enjoyed entrees). The weekly wine menu was great and the food was as well, but what really sealed the deal for me was the personable, attentive and approachable staff (even with a full house & bar) - I mostly spoke with Mike & Lindsay (hopefully I got their names right), but honestly the entire front-of-the-house staff seemed on-target and friendly. Great place for a bon vivant to hang out and I look forward to going back in the future, especially when there is a fun, lively vibe like there was last night! After looking at their website, I was also excited to see that they are doing a complimentary tasting today with the owners of Grassy Creek Vineyard (Elkin, NC vineyard). So, they get extra props from me for supporting NC's Yadkin River Valley vineyards!

• Visited February 2013