“Decent”

Village Tavern Hanes Mall
Reserve with OpenTable
Village Tavern Hanes Mall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 689 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have never had a bad meal here, and this was no exception. Good steak, and great starters, and warm friendly service. My only gripe, the booths were made for my american physique. By the end of the meal, this had only got worse.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

A very good restaurant but also very busy. There are times when you can be seated right away and others you could have a long wait but it is one of the better restaurants in Winston.

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I used to love eating at Village Tavern, particularly for Sunday Brunch. During the past 6 to 9 months something has gone terribly wrong. The food is still pretty good, with the exception of the bread. The bread is stale and served room temperature. It used to be served fresh and hot. Service is terrible. I once had a server lecture me on how it is the customers responsibility to request bread after I asked her about the before meal rolls. In the 3 years I have eaten there I never needed to request rolls they were always offered by the server or simply brought since everyone knew us and knew that we wanted the rolls. I've had to request refills for both water and fountain drinks on multiple occasions. Our food has also been brought out cold or barely warm on multiple occasions. We used to go back every couple of months hoping that the restaurant will get back on track, but after this last experience we have decided to never return again.

1  Thank Kfont
Reviewed 15 April 2014

They don't accept reservations and the wait time kills your mood. From M-TR it is doable. But weekends is just frustrating. Food is great. Servers are very friendly. Booths are big and I like the ambience; that is if you get in without having to wait for more than 30 minutes,

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

The Village Tavern offers a good selection of salads and entrees. The food is consistently very good. Our favorite place to sit is in their outdoor courtyard. They have a nice place outside and it is not as noisy as inside. Overall it is a great place to dine