“Charming...”

Twin City Hive Coffee Lounge
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Description: Every aspect of our coffee lounge has been designed with the customer experience in mind. From the chic, industrial interior to the delicious, no-nonsense menu, to the music that fills the space, the Hive hits all the senses and makes people feel transported yet completely at home, all at once. The shop is a multi-roaster coffee shop serving only North Carolina roasted coffee. Each coffee has been carefully curated with our customers in mind. To those who we are lucky to call regulars, we thank you for your ongoing support. To those who are yet to visit us, we look forward to welcoming you soon. - Twin City Hive Coffee Lounge, founded in 2014.
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Popped in and enjoyed an espresso and sampled some drinking chocolate and Chai Tea. Nice seating areas and cozy spots to hang out. Location is a bit out of the way, but parking is on site and it's close to old Salem NC. Staff is friendly too.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 19 September 2018

Great coffee and people. Tucked away a bit from the back but if your staying across the street at Brookstown Inn, easy walk across the street

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I visited the Hive on Saturday (August 4, 2018). I ordered a Hot Chocolate with soy because I was craving some good quality chocolate and I was told their hot chocolate was very good; it is amazing! I am a little lactose intolerant, so I ordered the Hot Chocolate with Soy! It was creamy, frothy on top, and heavy laden with chocolate. But the chocolate was not bitter but smooth and creamy! Since I am not a coffee drinker, it was refreshing to discover they spend as much effort on non-coffee drinks too!

I sat my computer by the window in the back room, so I could look out onto the veranda and people-watch for writing inspiration. It worked! The Wi-Fi is seamless; I had no interruptions the entire time I worked.

Later in the morning I had a chocolate muffin. It was moist, filled with chocolate chips, and just the right size for a good snack! And, they serve it WARM!!! Again, a pleasant surprise!!!

I noticed that the space is divided up into living rooms; just like you would have at home. This made the space more comfortable and quieter. And, they allow dogs so having separate spaces kept the dog shenanigans to a minimum.

I am excited about sharing this review on the Hive because it is a perfect place to sit, relax, and work (and visit too). And, because it is so close to Old Salem and they allow dogs, it is a perfect place to relax before, or after, your Old Salem hike with your puppy!
See you at the Hive – Most Sincerely!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Great meeting spot! Has a small meeting room for groups. Reasonable parking in a good location. Can get crowded but never feels that way

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018

It's like having coffee in the comfort of your own home, but they make it for you. This quiet nook in the Brookstown Mill area is really a gem. It can be a bit hard to find, but well worth it. The interior is very cozy, with easy chairs in a sitting-room as well as the usual tables and chairs. They serve the usual coffee shop drinks, but the coffee selection is especially good and the service is really wonderful.

Date of visit: March 2018