“So worth prioritizing this stop!”
Review of Sweet Potatoes

Sweet Potatoes
Ranked #1 of 670 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This is a Soul Food Lovers paradise! We ended up ordering way more than we needed just b/c we wanted to try so much. We sat at a table with some very nice locals and they gave us foody tips! Fried okra- Amazing! I wasn't big on the pimento cheese spread that came with it so I asked for ranch dressing. My 5 yr old got the Mac and cheese- Devine! My Husband got the DC burger- Very Good! I got the curried chicken salad. Loved it! But you must like curry flavor. Wait staff was friendly and attentive. Will definitely be back on our way down South next year..

1  Thank Susan W

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Don't miss eating at Sweet Potatoes if you are in downtown Winston-Salem. It is excellent - food is absolutely delicious and service is outstanding! Enjoy!!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Wife and I went there for an anniversary dinner. Every dish was over the top good. We live about 40 minutes away and will go there often.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you are visiting WS do not miss this gem. It's a small place with a great laid back atmosphere. I eat here often and have never been disappointed. They have the best shrimp and grits hands down. My second favorite is the salmon. I've enjoyed the duck and my husband always gets the steak which is usually served with shrimp,or catfish. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Kim_D49680
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My third visit on a business lunch
Very clean
Nice atmosphere
Nice staff
if you like southern flair type food this is the place
Everything I've had thus far in the three visits have been great
Okay prices on the food and drinks

1  Thank Julian P