“One of my first stops when I visit winston!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cloverdale Kitchen
Ranked #154 of 656 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lexington KY
“One of my first stops when I visit winston!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

This place is a real GEM!! One of my first stops when I arrive to Winston. The Thursday chicken and rice soup is worth the drive! All the sandwiches are great. The specials are always tasty and worth every penny. Great service, favorite of the locals. Great place for a nice lunch. YUMMY!!!

• Visited December 2013

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Really gone downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Lunch special - cold meatloaf. When told it was cold the waitress took it back ...gone with the meatloaf 10 min and brought back same plate that looked terrible and said they nuked it for you... 2 vegetables out of can...barely a cup $1.75 per vegetable!! A cup of vegetable soup in place of cold meatloaf was $3.00!!
manager/owner wanted to argue about the food being cold and how much was eatten!!! really. sweet waitress..

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank mpearl59
Pawleys Island SC
“A Mixed Bag”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

It's hard for us to pass up a diner, so when we happened upon Cloverdale Kitchen about lunch time, we felt the need to drop in. It was quickly obvious this place has a loyal following, since we were probably the only customers not on a first name basis with the staff. The restaurant was comfortable and clean, although it could benefit from a little updating and sprucing up. As expected in any good Southern diner, the waitresses were smiling, friendly and very efficient.

The menu is large, with a wide variety of selections. but we felt our meals were a mixed bag. My wife had a good hamburger, and she thought the sweet potato fries were a nice touch and nicely prepared to a crispiness without being overcooked. I chose the lasagna, which was one of the featured items on the menu. It was served lukewarm, at best, which never compliments this dish. The meat sauce was okay, but certainly non-descript. The lasagna itself had no distinguishable layers, with the pasta and the cheeses lumped into a single mushy mass. I'm not sure whether this was due to undercooking, overcooking, or simply being reheated too many times. While the flavor wasn't bad, overall, it was disappointing. There's always a risk in judging a new place by one visit, but I didn't find anything to encourage a second visit.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“We Love This Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

We've eaten at this restaurant for years. And we eat there once or twice every week. To date, we've never had a bad meal. Great home cooking and a good variety at great prices. We've pointed all our friends to this restaurant, and they all enjoy it, too. We find breakfast, lunch, or supper all good.

Visited July 2013
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Great food!!!! .....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Great Food...the onion rings are fantastic....!!!! loved it!!!!my friends and I ARE GOING THERE EVERY week to have lunch....after the bible class....they have the best ribs in Winston Salem....AS WELL the Greek food....I LOVE SPANAKOPITA and the desserts.....The music was wonderful loved the mural on the wall.....AND THE SERVICE WAS FANTASTIC......

• Visited April 2013