“Great food”
Review of Milners

Milners
Reserve with OpenTable
Milners is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 665 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great food”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I visited this restaurant today and had the buttermilk fried chicken and macaroni and cheese and collard greens. Everything was good and the food was served hot. My mom had the pot roast which she enjoyed and my friend had the salmon which she enjoyed thoroughly. The portions were great and the price was good. The service was excellent. I would eat there again.

Plainfield, IL
“Dress nicer than we did”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We love to use Tripadvisor to find somewhere to eat on our driving trips. On our way into Winston-Salem my daughter brought up the app on her phone and we decided to come to Milners. I guess we never thought about attire, and walked into the restaurant wearing our t-shirts and jean shorts. The hostess was gracious and kind, and even said "I like your t-shirts" as she walked us past all of the businessmen in suits and ties. From our table in the back corner we enjoyed a FANTASTIC meal and laughed at ourselves for assuming a place described as 'barbeque' would be casual. Loved everything about Milners, and the staff was very kind to us, but next time we will take the time to put on some nicer clothes than t-shirts.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank ChuckandAmy
San Miguel, California
“Good everything, excellent southern cooking.”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Not being from the South, I enjoyed my first dining experience in this part of the country in over 25 years. This place was friendly, not too big and very entertaining. (Live music)
I've never even heard of a fried pickle. Delightful! The greens were every bit as I remember them to be but here they were a pure 10! I had a very large local trout that suggested that the owners might want to give their Monday night chef a big pay raise.
Being from California, I was taken back by the reasonable price for such an exquisite meal. My sister dines here frequently and I would too if it weren't so many states away

• Visited June 2014
Pfafftown, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A bit if Charleston in Winston-Salem”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Milners is an excellent place to eat. The food is fresh, well prepared and presented in a beautiful way. Seafood ,steaks, or meatloaf and you will be delighted. They also have freshly made desserts. Many of the dishes have a Charleston influence.

• Visited May 2014
Chicago
“Tasty Southern Lunch”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Lunch was tasty. My mother had the meatloaf sandwich with mac n' cheese and rice and beans. It sounds like a cafeteria dish, but don't let that fool you. The meatloaf was topped with a delicious homemade red sauce - not ketchup. The meatloaf itself was incredible. Mac n' cheese had atleast four different cheeses and a special ingredient. I sampled Mom's, and I had the salmon spinach salad, topped with bacon, a solid piece of egg white (yummy), and a delicious homemade dressing. it comes with capers, peppers and tomatoes - all of which I held. The server was an experienced, adult professional and had perfect timing. The Hostess even asked how everything was when I went to the bathroom - which was very clean. Attentive staff, and tasty meal - a must try if you stay in Winston-Salem. Also try Milner's Brothers in Clemmons, NC about 8 minutes away from this location. They have a different menu of all the awesome dishes that wouldn't fit on the Milner's menu.

• Visited May 2014