“Disappointed”

Ranked #5 of 28 Dessert in Winston Salem
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Fun Food Made From Scratch! Breakfast All Day. 28 Desserts. Lunch. Comfort Food Dinners. Craft Beer & Wine List.
Elkin, North Carolina
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

First, let me say that the lunch (hot roast beef sandwich au jus) is always good. The french fries are always fresh and hot. BUT, having just thrown out my piece of 5 flavor poundcake, I can tell you that this is the second time I have ordered a piece of their "famous" and "homemade" and "fresh" desserts only to have to throw it out. It was very stale and tasted like it was made at least 3 days ago...come on, the desserts should be much better because that is what they are known for. don't let all the pretty cakes in the glass case deceive you...they are almost always stale.

• Visited December 2013

Taylorsville, North Carolina
“Great food anytime of the day!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Today was one of several times that I have ate there. It once again was great! Lunchtime, I had an awesome chicken salad while my father had eggs, bacon and pancakes.

Hampton, Virginia
“"If you go downtown, don't pass Midtown !"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

My family and I went to the MidtownCafe for breakfast as recommended to us by our son, who has dined there many times. We each ordered something different. An omelette, regular and pumpkin pancakes, and bacon, all very satisfying to everyone. I believe the regular pancakes I ordered were the best I had ever eaten. The bakery side of the Midtown Cafe was an experience not to be missed. We ordered a birthday cake there a year ago for our son and everyone in his office agreed, it was the best cake they had ever eaten. I can't speak for lunch or dinner, but if they are only half as good as breakfast, then it got to be delicious. "If you go downtown, don't pass Midtown !"

• Visited September 2013
Elkin, North Carolina
“Midtown Cafe & Dessertery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I love the roast beef sandwich au jus. It is consistently good. Also love the Italian Cream Cake. Husband had salmon special one night but said it was too dry and he would not order again.

• Visited August 2013
Winston-Salem,NC
“Much more than dessert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Love this place - great cafe with reasonable prices. Varied menu from wonderful sandwiches to full entrees. Love the Peach Delight (a crepe-like pancake blintz with peaches). Yes, desserts are great but the food is also.

• Visited August 2013