“a good southern lunch”

Add it.
Meta's Restaurant
Ranked #393 of 745 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Good selection of vegetable, meats and deserts. Staff is very friendly and restaurant is clean. Many items are very tasty. I have eaten here before and quality is consistent.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 10 April 2017

It was many years ago when I ate at Meta's. I worked near downtown and heard about this place. While paying my duties and we were dismissed for lunch I stopped in to Meta's. I had the best peach cobbler - ever. What a great experience!

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank Ann M
Reviewed 19 September 2015

Location was in a quiet area with street parking, restaurant has ample seating and is cafeteria style. Great selection of food and nice size portions. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Date of visit: August 2015
1  Thank Diane J
Reviewed 12 August 2015

After eating at this cafeteria several times over the last decade I've noticed a decline in food variety and quality; the service has always been somewhat standoffish. If not for its downtown location near the courthouse with limited options in the block it probably wouldn't make it without upgrading and updating.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 15 April 2015

Jury duty called me downtown. I ate here for lunch since close to courthouse. The menu is extensive, though only few items actually available that day. I got the fried chicken meal, which was 3 chicken wings with 2 sides. The string beans were fine, but the yams are really bland and plain. The lemonade was super sweet. The cornbread was nice. Overall though, I'll try another place next time.

Date of visit: April 2015