“Our experience was wonderful and staff was so very nice!!”
Review of Brookstown Inn

Brookstown Inn
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Our experience was wonderful and staff was so very nice!!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The Brookstown was wonderful. The location is close to interstate and easy to get to. We will go back again!! The rooms are beautifully decorated and the quaintness of the hotel is peaceful and relaxing.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Diane3912
BrookstownInn, General Manager at Brookstown Inn, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thanks you so much for the compliments to the staff! I will pass along to them. It is so nice for them to be acknowledged for their efforts in pleasing our Guests! They certainly take pride in making sure everyone has a comfortable and enjoyable time. I am happy that you enjoyed the décor in the rooms too. They are all unique in some way. The best compliment is a happy guest that will come back again! Thank you for sharing your experience and for recommending us to other travelers. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was staying with my 17-year-old son for a Wake Forest baseball camp, so we needed something larger than the typical hotel room. We picked Brookstown Inn initially because it was priced lower than the Embassy Suites or comparable suite hotel, and we wouldn't be spending much time there anyway. We were in for a nice surprise! We stayed in a Jr. Suite in the East Wing - two levels with a pull out sofabed for my son. The rooms had so much character. The decor/bathroom fixtures were a little dated, but everything was very clean and well-maintained. It is like staying in a large B&B. The breakfast is strictly continental fare, and there is no onsite restaurant. We walked a few blocks to Willows and had a great dinner, and walked to Old Salem another day.
The best thing about the inn was the staff. They were responsive to all of our requests, friendly and professional. When we were 2 hours into our drive home, my son realized he had left his wallet in the room. We called the hotel, they located it and overnighted it to us in Birmingham. Would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: The Jr. Suites are great two-level rooms with a sitting room and a "loft" bedroom. The si...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
BrookstownInn, General Manager at Brookstown Inn, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
MKubiszyn,
Thanks for taking the time to give us an Excellent review and for recommending us to others. I’m so glad we found your son’s wallet and was able to return it to him. I hope he had a great time at WF baseball camp. If you return to the area again to visit Wake Forest, you have a place to stay with us! I’m happy you had a great experience and enjoyed the large rooms. All the rooms in the Main Inn have received updated fixtures, and we are currently upgrading the fixtures in the East Wing. All rooms have the new Bedding Package, flat screen TV’s, Microwaves, Refrigerators, Keurig Coffee Makers – the WORKS! Thanks for the kind compliments and I will pass along to the staff. They enjoy and take pride in being courteous, attentive and friendly to our Guests. We look forward to seeing you again next time you travel to Winston-Salem!
Santee
Reviewed 21 July 2014

What a wonderful time we had at the Brookstown Inn. So much character to the old cotton mill which is now the hotel. Stay in the East Wing -- rooms are very nice with a lower level sitting area. Was told that each room is different in some way. Bed was amazingly comfortable!!

1 Thank MaryEllenSantee
Mary Ellen,
Thank you for your EXCELLENT review and for sharing your experience with others. I’m happy your enjoyed the character and history of the old Cotton Mill.
The East Wing is very unique in that it was built 50 years later than the Main Hall, and every room is bi-level. You are correct in that every room in different in some decorative way! The highlighted upgrades they all share are the new bedding package featuring Sealy Posturepedic mattresses and Mattelasse Coverlets with high thread count ultra soft linens; hi-def flat screen TV’s; and Keurig Coffee makers. The differences are in the color palettes, granite surfaces, furnishings, size and room layout.The 800 square foot Suites are popular too! We would love for you to stay with us again next time you return to Winston-Salem! Thanks again!

“best room ever !”
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was my first time in Winston Salem, and my choice of residence for my week long stay was not disappointing. The Brookstown Inn was just as elegant, and beautiful as it was on-line. I loved the floor plan of the suites, the common areas and garden patio where my family and I gathered many evenings. The beds, and linen were always fresh and relaxing...slept like a baby every night.
This was a very hospitable hotel, and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. I wish to personally thank the Sales Director Allison for allowing us to use the dining room for my wife's birthday party...thank you Allison, you're the best. Loved my stay.

Room Tip: There were many celebrities at the time, and I'm told its a common thing; so if you like this so...
Reginald C.,
We were so happy to have you for a week, and I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for your kind comments. It’s always good to hear when our guests sleep well, relax and enjoy family gatherings. The Brookstown Courtyard has the ambiance that lends itself to an inviting respite. I will pass your compliments of the staff along to them as the strive hard to provide friendly service. Allison is a GEM, and she says “thank YOU”. We look forward to you staying with us again the next time you travel to Winston-Salem. Thanks again for sharing your experience with others.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Room was cleaned exceptionally well and was exactly what was promised. Front desk attendant was kind and respectful even at 1:00AM which is when we checked in. Breakfast was promptly served at 8:00AM which was a pleasant surprise considering many of my other experiences.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anthony S
Anthony S.,
Thank you for taking the time to give us an EXCELLENT 5 Star review and for sharing your experience with others! Our Night Desk Associate, Vickie Underwood, has been with us for nearly 28 years, and she takes pride in being extra attentive to weary late night arriving guests. I will share your kind comments with her. Also, thanks for recognizing the promptness of our breakfast staff. They love to hear when guests feel like they receive the valued experience they deserve. We look forward to you staying with us again next time you are traveling to Winston-Salem.
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is our fourth stay at the Brookstown Inn. The staff is friendly and helpful. The inn is charming. We love that it is within walking distance of several restaurants, a bakery, and the children's museum.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Trhb27
Trhb27,
Thank you for your WONDERFUL review!!!! And thank you for being a valued return guest! I’m so happy you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed your strolls to the area Eateries and Attractions. We look forward to your 5th stay with us and the opportunity to continue exceeding your expectations! It means so much to us for you to recommend to other travelers. Thanks again!
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I had been to a wedding there before & found the place very interesting. So, when I had to stay in the area, I knew this was the place I wanted. It's a very unique hotel with a lot of character and history. It's close to anything downtown. The staff was very friendly, The room was very clean and everything looked new. I've never seen a place that serves milk & cookies before (in addition to a wine/cheese reception). I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Timothy S
Timothy S.,
Thank you for your Excellent 5 star review and sharing your experience with other travelers!! We love it when a guest returns after attending an event in our Grand Ballroom. Our milk and cookies reception in the Parlor is a popular delight amongst our Guests. I am happy you were able to enjoy the history and character of the Inn and that you found our staff friendly. They work hard to provide warm hospitality to all of our Travelers. Thanks for being a valued guest and for recommending us to others looking for an exceptional experience. Next time you are in town, please ask for me as I would love to personally thank you.