“Wow - wife is still mad”

Quality Inn University
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Shelby, Ohio
“Wow - wife is still mad”
Reviewed 7 August 2011

This was just a one night, half way home kind of stay so I figured hat since I needed two rooms (six travelers) I'd save a few bucks. Not worth the scorn from my wife.

I usually don't put much weight in reviews because everyone has their own quirks and no motel, especially under $75 a night, is going to be as nice as home. Ths one has set the bar for cheesy motels. As others have stated here, ants, mold, peeling wallpaper and a toilet that wouldn't let the bathroom door close are just the start.

Drive to the next exit/city or just sleep in the car.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank BillyN
qualityinnuniversity, Webmaster at Quality Inn University, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn University Winston Salem, NC for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry for the reason for your visit. You do have my sincerest sympathy during this hard time.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Housekeeping staff received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of ants and instructed to look into the matter and see to their extermination.

• Maintenance was informed of the Bathroom door and the peeling wallpaper in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to the needed repairs.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn University Winston Salem, NC. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Between the moldy shower, ants in the walls and sink, and horrid smell, I'm not sure where to start. This hotel provided the most terrible one night stay of any I've ever experienced. An entomologist's paradise, the bug count reached the hundreds by the time we left. Half of the rooms look condemned, and nothing about this hotel was in any way invited. Steer clear.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the Moldy shower and Smell in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to the needed repairs.

Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We were surprised when we arrived to see Dumpsters and construction trucks. The hotel is undergoing a renovation. Our room was in a back section - had to get past the work to get to the lobby for breakfast. Our room had not yet been worked on. We have stayed here before on the way to the coast.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank KLKOhio
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn University Winston Salem, NC for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry for the reason for your visit as our hotel was under renovation. You do have my sincerest sympathy during this hard time.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2011

The hotel is under remodeling from the front desk to the rooms, rather than put me in a room that is remodeled I get put in a room that stinks as I'd it was flooded in the past. I stay in a lot of hotels this one is rank one of the worst.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank robpo2613

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 January 2011

Had stayed here in past but has really gone downhill since last visit, Heat in my room was non-exsistent (was cold night-snow) remote for TV did not work, Wi-fi stopped allowing access after while, no clearing of snow for walkways had taken place at all night or next morning..basically this was a cold bed for one night, could have got that for less money anywhere, stay away!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Bramabull1
Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the non-working TV, Wi-Fi in the room first assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

ringwood
Reviewed 5 September 2010

We stayed here because it was just an overnight stop and didn't want to spend a great deal of money. Has what you need but it is a motel type hotel. When we are in the area for a number of days we usually stay across the street at the Holiday Inn - pricier but much nicer.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the non-working TV, WI FI in the room first assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

WEST VIRGINIA
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I stayed at this hotel on my way to the beach,the staff was very friendly and the rooms where comfortable and clean. I would gladly recommend this hotel to other people.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family